Sign in to follow this  
Propeller

Horizon is moving up and down

What is causing the horizon in FS9 to move up and down as you pan around the aircraft? Also clouds disappear and reappear. It's like the contours of mountain are shown and then the horizon gets flat and the horizon is rising if panning one way and sinking if panning the other way.This is almost only when NOT using a program like Active Sky where you can limit the upper visibility to get a soft horizon. But even with Active Sky in use I sometimes see the horizon moving.My visibility slider in FS9 is set to 60 mi/96 km.Anyone else seeing this?

Guest stranex
What is causing the horizon in FS9 to move up and down as you pan around the aircraft? Also clouds disappear and reappear. It's like the contours of mountain are shown and then the horizon gets flat and the horizon is rising if panning one way and sinking if panning the other way.This is almost only when NOT using a program like Active Sky where you can limit the upper visibility to get a soft horizon. But even with Active Sky in use I sometimes see the horizon moving.My visibility slider in FS9 is set to 60 mi/96 km.Anyone else seeing this?
Hardell, I presume you went with the gigabyte gtx260 super overclock?I am having very similar problems as you mention with default scenery/clouds (see my recent posts in this forum) no matter which drivers I'm usingLet me ask....at what distance is your autogen popping up (buildings/trees etc)? Also, what's the rest of system comprise? I'm running win7 64, i7 860 o/c to 3.9

Hardell, I presume you went with the gigabyte gtx260 super overclock?I am having very similar problems as you mention with default scenery/clouds (see my recent posts in this forum) no matter which drivers I'm usingLet me ask....at what distance is your autogen popping up (buildings/trees etc)? Also, what's the rest of system comprise? I'm running win7 64, i7 860 o/c to 3.9
I went with the GTX 260 Overclock. I have not noticed anything strange with the distance at when autogen is popping up. Seems to be no problem for me.I run Win7 64, Phenom II X4 o/c to 3.6.Now I tried to set the upper visibility to 29 miles in Active Sky and that seems to be a very good value to have it set to.

It's a limitation with the fs9 engine, its normal.