Sign in to follow this  
desertwind

GTX 260 w/ 196.21 driver - BSOD in FS9 WinXP Pro SP3

I just built a new system and have been happily enjoying the best flight simming experience of my life until...The killer BSOD.Just before the shutdown, fs9 will freeze although sounds will continue to play, then the BSOD appears and it's game over. This has only happened when running tileproxy, never over my custom photoscenery areas. Of note also, I spent many hours flying throughout the southern California area with no problems. The problem surfaced after about thirty minutes of flying over the Las Vegas, NV area, when I would get texture corruption of clouds and ground tiles (see pics). Now the same thing is happening in southern California. It would seem a driver issue to me, any thoughts on this? I'm so depressed!Systems specs:GIGABYTE GA-MA790XT-UD4P AM3 DDR3 AMD 790X ATX AMD MotherboardAMD Phenom II X2 550 Black Edition Callisto 3.1GHz Socket AM3 80W Dual-Core ProcessorGigabyte GTX 260 896MB GDDR3RAM: Corsair 2GBx2 DDR3 1333Power Supply: PC Power and Cooling Silencer 750w

Guest stranex

Hmmmm, I'm starting to see a pattern forming here with the gigabyte gtx260sAlthough I've not flown for as long as you or seen the same problems, I have had various graphics problems with my super overclock version of the gigabyte card running on various drivers.....check out some of my recent posts for details

*** Update ****After flying exclusively in full screen mode for the last week, l can report lockups still do occur. They require a hard reboot but do not result in a BSOD. Continuing to search for the cure. Further, problem is not restricted to using Tileproxy. All my flying was done over my custom photoscenery.Also, now visible texture corruption seems less of an issue; most of the time the problem has been a total system lockup.

*** PROBLEM SOLVED ***Driver issue w/ v196.21Solution:1. Removed v196.21 with Driver Sweeper as recommended (boot to Safe Mode before running DS program)2. Reboot3. Installed driver v182.50Good luck!