Sign in to follow this  
Guest NTB

REX 2 Weather engine

Guest NTB

Hi right now i am using REX2 for textures and then ASX for the weather, its really greatbut is there any advantage in using the rex2 weather with its textures, i mean like as the weather changes the textures updates itself accordingly for the weather, if so is there any way to do the same using ASX, Thanks in advance for any replies!

Using REX engine does not mean that textures update in flight. Textures can only update before FSX is even started... REX, like ASA calculates average weather situation enroute and applies certain type of textures. With ASA you have to set up properly snapshot option in order for it to work correctly.

Tom Link

Guest NTB

Thanks for the repliesThanks for the link josman, Nice Tutorial

No problem, we can exchange but... currently my PC is to weak to show the best. In mid this year - at beginning of August I will have powerfull I7 965 @4Ghz. Then will see what I can get out of REX and ASA. Now it is only some compromise, however i tend to go lower on ground rather than on weather :)

Tom Link

Hi,I think not understand me, I mean exchanging files with textures stored by the ASA in a RAR file, then appended to the ASA (if you do not know how I can I explain)For example, we take for "Stormy" 2 textures, one created by me and another for you. The ASA will choose randomly between these two textures for the same condition "Stormy".Excuse my englishThank youJosman157360.pngTAM3271.png

Aaa, this you mean. No problem, we could do that. Easy on the English thing, its it alright. Now how do you plan to send me texture files? They could be quite large. Do you have FTP server connection?

Tom Link

Aaa, this you mean. No problem, we could do that. Easy on the English thing, its it alright. Now how do you plan to send me texture files? They could be quite large. Do you have FTP server connection?
Do you have FSX?Each snapshot is compressed in RAR +/- 40MB. We can use the skydrive. I send a message with my e-mail.ThanxJosman

Joseman,Are you going to be able to explain how to modify ASA in order for ASA to recognize these new snapshots?

Hi,It is not difficult :( , but if you consider that I should not do, I accept because you have the last word :( . No problem :( .Thank you and excuse my english.157360.pngTAM3271.png

Hi,No, not at all! If I would have thought differently, I would have never let this post get this far!! As long as you can explain to anyone how to do this and you are sure that the other user actually owns the textures that are being shared.Edit: Only one banner is allowed here at AVSIM!

HelloBut would these snapshots that you are about to share contain textures from other payware environment programs Like Rex for instance.

HelloBut would these snapshots that you are about to share contain textures from other payware environment programs Like Rex for instance.
Yes. If I have the REX in my PC and my friend ST1322 has the REX in your PC, we are just sharing the combine of this textures.

Beware of what happened to me I accidentally ran REX 2 with weather engine ENABLED and then started ASA.It crashed FSX and I was forced to do a complete reinstal

Yes. If I have the REX in my PC and my friend ST1322 has the REX in your PC, we are just sharing the combine of this textures.
HelloIT is not OK as long as you know that you have only REX textures installed and your friend has a registered copy of REXProblems start when you have used multiple graphics packages to enhance your Sim and then you start swapping Snapshots.From the ASA user manual"You cannot, however, share Graphics Snapshot files with other users! Obviously someone who has not purchased ASG, FE, XG, FEX or REX (or software from other vendors including Microsoft) are not allowed to obtain their textures without purchasing their software license. Please refer to your license from your individual products for more information."From the REX EULA"c. Separation of Components. The SOFTWARE PRODUCT is licensed as a single product. Its original component parts created by REX may not be separated for use for other software or projects."