Sign in to follow this  
CPEPE

FSX INSTALL WITH WIN 7

Hi, Am I missing something on install with win 7 all I get are lock ups and freezes. Been having a real time of it with win 7 on a I7 EE with 8gb ram. Still using my old gtx 7900 for now. Can anyone help ,been off the form for some time. So I'm sure I'm missing something.Thanks Tony

Shouldn't be a problem. Just make sure you have UAC off and installed eveything as an Admin. (right click/run as admin) Runs sweet as a nut on my old rig with Win 7.Maybe a bit more info on when the freezes and lockups occur might help people diagnose the problem.

Shouldn't be a problem. Just make sure you have UAC off and installed eveything as an Admin. (right click/run as admin) Runs sweet as a nut on my old rig with Win 7.Maybe a bit more info on when the freezes and lockups occur might help people diagnose the problem.
Freeze up just after take off on a left bank ! Not much else I can say .Tony

Hi,Am I missing something on install with win 7 all I get are lock ups and freezes. Been having a real time of it with win 7 on a I7 EE with 8gb ram. Still using my old gtx 7900 for now. Can anyone help ,been off the form for some time. So I'm sure I'm missing something.Thanks Tony
Tony,to add to your problem, I have W7. But cannot add any new aircraft. I go through the process, place aircraft in aircraft files but W7 wont allow them to be placed in FSXCan you or any one help?? Zorba1

Tony, how are other games acting, if you have others?!Zorba, you should post your issue in a new thread, get

Tony, how are other games acting, if you have others?!Zorba, you should post your issue in a new thread, get

Guest firehawk44
Hi, Am I missing something on install with win 7 all I get are lock ups and freezes. Been having a real time of it with win 7 on a I7 EE with 8gb ram. Still using my old gtx 7900 for now. Can anyone help ,been off the form for some time. So I'm sure I'm missing something.Thanks Tony
Whenever you get a lockup or the system freezes, you need to look into the Event Viewer and see if there is any information regarding the event. If you're not familiar with the Event Viewer, simply click on the Start button, Type ev in the search box and look immediately up at the top for search results which should list the Event Viewer. When it opens, look at Custom Views/Administrative Events. It may indicate a .dll or module which caused the crash and that should provide a clue as to what is causing the crash(es). Best regards,Jim

Whenever you get a lockup or the system freezes, you need to look into the Event Viewer and see if there is any information regarding the event. If you're not familiar with the Event Viewer, simply click on the Start button, Type ev in the search box and look immediately up at the top for search results which should list the Event Viewer. When it opens, look at Custom Views/Administrative Events. It may indicate a .dll or module which caused the crash and that should provide a clue as to what is causing the crash(es). Best regards,Jim
Jim, Way over my head for a 80 year old, but did get passed that one(reset sliders) now I find I can't get my scenery to show up, my add on will not show in the window, I read some time ago about this but can't seem to locate it any more.Tony

Guest firehawk44
Jim, Way over my head for a 80 year old, but did get passed that one(reset sliders) now I find I can't get my scenery to show up, my add on will not show in the window, I read some time ago about this but can't seem to locate it any more.Tony
There's a "sticky" at the top of this forum that tells you how to add an addon using Windows 7.Best regards,Jim

There's a "sticky" at the top of this forum that tells you how to add an addon using Windows 7.Best regards,Jim
IT'S REALLY AMAZING HOW MUCH AN OLD MIND CAN STILL TAKE IN !!!LOOKING GOOD !TONY