Sign in to follow this  
OPS1

Dear Beoing......

I think most of aviation enthusiasts are stunned with your new Boeing787. The thing is, the last 15 years you have came up with the 777 767-300F, and all the new gen 737's and so on. The thing is what im worrying about, is most airlines have the 757. What is going to replace the 757, with it's current range and exceptional specs. The NG 737's arn't going to cover the range the 757 has. In the UK charter airlines use the 757 for practically everything. From a short 40 minute domestic flights to a 8 hour flights. My conern is what aircraft is going to replace the 757? I don't think airlines would base the 787 for domestic flights, and even short hauls if im honest. The 737NG are great but the choices with the new generaation seem only to be the 700 and 800 series according to Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_737_Next_Generation . When the 737NG goes out of service what will be a good replacement? Would another narrow body aircraft just like the 757 be a good choice for airlines? Would a try engine aircraft be a good choice? I know also you know could achive a more efficient aircraft than the 737NG. What do you people think that will be a good aircraft just like the 757, for its payload,specs and range? Yes i know what the hell is "Beoing"? :(

My concern is what aircraft is going to replace the 757?
The 739ER was supposed to...
When the 737NG goes out of service what will be a good replacement? Would another narrow body aircraft just like the 757 be a good choice for airlines?
Good question, but if Boeing ceased production of the 757, chances are, there will not be an aircraft as good as the 757 anytime soon.
Would a try engine aircraft be a good choice?
Tri-engines will never be considered a good choice again; same reason why main aircraft manufacturers abandoned the aircraft with tail-mounted engines designs. The claim "unefficiency"
What do you people think that will be a good aircraft just like the 757, for its payload,specs and range?
Another 757. Just as there will never be a replacement for the MD-80 other than another MD-80

Guest SK8TRBOI747
The 739ER was supposed to...Good question, but if Boeing ceased production of the 757, chances are, there will not be an aircraft as good as the 757 anytime soon.Tri-engines will never be considered a good choice again; same reason why main aircraft manufacturers abandoned the aircraft with tail-mounted engines designs. The claim "unefficiency"Another 757. Just as there will never be a replacement for the MD-80 other than another MD-80
I think we will see the 787 on many longer domestic segments. Also, the 739 as mentioned above (as imperfect a replacement it might be!) is targeted there, too.Ultimately, I don't think the airlines even wanted any more 757's, for as cool as they are, the orders dried-up and production of the 757 stopped in Oct of 2004.Still hundreds of them out there, though, that will be going strong for the next 20 years...or more.Cheers!

I think it would be a folly to think that in order to replace one aircraft you have to build another one with very close specs. It doesn't happen like that in aviation world. There is a natural progression of technology and new aircraft are built and specs may overlap a bit with older aircraft but there is never 1-to-1 replacement. Airlines learn to live with it, they even like it because they generally get more efficient aircraft. In fact airlines are the main drivers of what type of equipment is really needed.

The 739ER was supposed to...Good question, but if Boeing ceased production of the 757, chances are, there will not be an aircraft as good as the 757 anytime soon.Tri-engines will never be considered a good choice again; same reason why main aircraft manufacturers abandoned the aircraft with tail-mounted engines designs. The claim "unefficiency"Another 757. Just as there will never be a replacement for the MD-80 other than another MD-80
I think all Mcdonell Douglas designs are gone now in the aviation world. Except smaller jets just like the CRJ and what not, but i personally think there will not be a nother like the MD-80 series upcoming in the future. Also what i would like to see, is an atual radar map on the HSI of new boeing aircraft. So the taxiways and stands will be radared on the HSI map. Would be much easier for bigger airports and pilots. Also something like an advanced radar of a satlite view of the HSI, Just like Google Earths satilite view!!! Wonder if the 787 has something like that????

I think all Mcdonell Douglas designs are gone now in the aviation world. Except smaller jets just like the CRJ and what not, but i personally think there will not be a nother like the MD-80 series upcoming in the future.
There's allot of life and expandability in the 717 design... :(

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I don't think airlines would base the 787 for domestic flights
Lots do in Asia. Plenty of 777s and A330s doing one hour domestic and international sectors. No doubt the same airlines will use the 787 likewise.As for the 757 replacement, the 737-900 (esp the ER). But the 737 replacement aka project yellowstone, based on 787 technology will produce some exciting stuff too.

I don't think airlines would base the 787 for domestic flights
Initially with the 787-8 no, but the 787-3 if it is made, will with only a 2500-3050nm range is geared towards the domestic market. What's interesting is it's payload capacity, which sort of bucks the trend of flying more smaller aircraft with less capacity we have today. If they are successful with this, it will mean aircraft with up to double the capacity used today domestically , but fewer flights and choices of times to fly per day, than we have currently. It should be more efficient for the airlines, but may not go over well with the public, as they will lose flexibility, especially the business market.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

There's allot of life and expandability in the 717 design... :(
the way things are going seems like Hawaiian will be the only operator.scott s..

the way things are going seems like Hawaiian will be the only operator.scott s..
Qantas appear to be very happy with their 717's.Cheers, SLuggy