Sign in to follow this  
cbrown

Height of AI on the ground

I have a slightly different problem than previously encountered.I have some FS2002 scenery for Szczecin (EPSC) which works well in FS2004. I altered the stock afcad (using afcad 2.21) to fit this scenery and all AI lands on the runway in its new position and follows taxiways, etc well.The parked AI sat at the wrong height initially (about 3ft too low) when I first go to the airport, so I used JABBGL2 to raise the height.Now when I start up there everything sits correctly. However, landing AI still lands at the old height and appear to have lost their undercarriage when taxying around. The airport elevation in the afcad agrees with the height put in with JABBGL2.I thought of conflicting afcads, but a search reveals only the one in the scenery folder and the backup in a completely separate folder.Any ideas to resolve would be greatly appreciated.Colin BEdit: Problem solved. I LOWERED all heights in JABBGL2 and those in the afcad to the correct height shown in the charts, now everything sits at the correct height.

Glad you got it sorted out but I am curious.............Was this the scenery from the library here by Tomasz M. Wydrzynski - epsd2003.zip ??If so I just installed it, edited the stock Afcad to add a couple of parking spaces and created a runway link and taxiway links etc. and ran a little test Traffic file.No problems at all with the AI craft sitting or landing above the ground as you experienced. :( I found no reason to use the JABBgl program.Perhaps I am looking at a different scenery package.

No, it was EPSC by Tadeusz Zukowski for FS2002 and I had to modify the stock afcad because none was available for FS2004. Not quite sure what happened but strange things often happen with these new-fangled computer things. :( EPSD seems to be a grass field nearby with nothing other than the 3 grass runways.Colin B

I should have added that I raised everything not lowered. Tried several permutations and got mixed up.I think the original scenery must have been made too high. It all works well with afcad heights set to 157.7' and APXXX... set with JABBGL to 48.060m.Colin B

an alternative to JabBGL is to place an elevation stub airport in scenery\world\scenery. This avoids mucking around in the default AP9 files. Also, I don't recommend using JabBGL if your airport is below sea level (like EHAM).scott s..

The simplest way is to just place a copy of your AFCAD file into Scenery/World/scenery. Works fine.Hope this helps,

Thanks.I assume that if I put an afcad there, I don't need another in Addon scenery/scenery, etc.Colin B

You do need to have a copy in a higher scenery layer if you have any other addon scenery for that airport that may contain an AFCAD type file in a layer lower than Addon Scenery. If not, then no you don't, I assume.