Sign in to follow this  
ckukmale

Maybe an FS2004 easter egg

Fly to Coney Island Amusement Park along the coast near NYC.IT was there too in FS2002 but this time it seems to have some extra little bits to it.Is this is what is termed as an easter egg?Craig Kiltie

When odd keystrokes or mouse click combinations result in the display of credit lists or hidden functions it is an Easter Egg. Some versions of Microsoft's Office suite had this type of Easter Egg.Some earlier versions of Flight Simulator had images or names of the production team on "billboards" hidden inside buildings. This could be considered an Easter Egg too.Some DVD movies even have inconspiquous active areas in their menus that lead to things like documentries or deleted scenes. A few DVD Easter Eggs require entries on the number pad of the players remote control.When real world objects are represented by custom scenery objects in the simulator I think the definition of Easter Egg is being streached too far. Such items should just be considered undocumented detail scenery. Coney Island would be considered part of the New York City detailed area and any adddition to it would be an improvement to a detailed area that has existed in Flight Simulator for many versions.

OK Robert.Anyway I checked out the area and there is some animated fairground rides. A rollercoaster with moving cars etc and also a another rollercoaster where the car goes up vertical and then comes back down again. Also a moving ferris wheel and a nice looking pier near by with benches on it.So looks like you are right what with JFK being done is that they have made the NYC area quite detailed now.Craig Kiltie

Hi, "Anyway I checked out the area and there is some animated fairground rides. A rollercoaster with moving cars etc and also a another rollercoaster where the car goes up vertical and then comes back down again."Can you tell me the exact coordination, I can't find them!ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis