Sign in to follow this  
tascull2004

Installing Addon Liveries on FS9 Windows 7

I recently re-purchased my 737NG for FS9 and attempted to install addon liveries. The Southwest 737-700 with winglest worked fine, but none of the others will display. The texture files are there and the .cfg files (Aircraft and Backup) record the repaints.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I recently re-purchased my 737NG for FS9 and attempted to install addon liveries. The Southwest 737-700 with winglest worked fine, but none of the others will display. The texture files are there and the .cfg files (Aircraft and Backup) record the repaints.Any help would be greatly appreciated.
A couple of suggestions:Check your aircraft.cfg file (using Notepad) for that aircraft to see that the title= line of each variation is unique and that the [Fltsim.X] numbers are sequential and are not duplicated.Also the sim= line must refer to an .air file which is in the same folder. It will not have the .air extension but the name must be the same. If it refers to a different .air file which you do not have, the aircraft will not display.Example of the default B737-400:sim=Boeing737-400 The .air file in that folder is named sim=Boeing737-400.airAnd last but not least under Vista or Win 7 - be sure you have permissions set to allow edits and changes etc.. This can be done by turning off UAC (User Account Control) - the easy method - or by Right clicking on your FS9 folder and granting FULL permission to it and all subfolders. Run everything as adminstrator also.Hope these ideas are helpful.

A couple of suggestions:Check your aircraft.cfg file (using Notepad) for that aircraft to see that the title= line of each variation is unique and that the [Fltsim.X] numbers are sequential and are not duplicated.Also the sim= line must refer to an .air file which is in the same folder. It will not have the .air extension but the name must be the same. If it refers to a different .air file which you do not have, the aircraft will not display.Example of the default B737-400:sim=Boeing737-400 The .air file in that folder is named sim=Boeing737-400.airAnd last but not least under Vista or Win 7 - be sure you have permissions set to allow edits and changes etc.. This can be done by turning off UAC (User Account Control) - the easy method - or by Right clicking on your FS9 folder and granting FULL permission to it and all subfolders. Run everything as adminstrator also.Hope these ideas are helpful.
DavidThank you so much for your excellent advice; you saved me from a total state of confusion! By running the program as an administrator, I am able to access the addons. I would never have figured this out without your help. Again, thank you!!!Todd