Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tamadeez

Could 8800gt hold back E8400 4ghz

Guest Tamadeez

Pc specs:E8400 O/C 4ghz4gb 800mhz ram8800gt 512mbWD 500gb caviar blackHD550w corsair PSU ADDONS: PMDG 747,MD11,CS 767, REX2, UTX, GEX, Hey all it seems no matter what I do I get slight stutters even with FPS @ 30's as an example. And alot more obviously when in VC especially with these addon planes. Iv'e tried setting FPS limiter to unlimited and 24. But same result really. Infact lowering to 24 makes scenery load quicker.I can be at FL280 getting mid 40's in vc and still have micro stutters.I mean it generally does get smother as fps go up but still. I just find it strange when on FS9 24fps was super smooth but with fsx....not so good. Could the 8800gt with 512 be a bottle neck. Thanks

Pc specs:E8400 O/C 4ghz4gb 800mhz ram8800gt 512mbWD 500gb caviar blackHD550w corsair PSU ADDONS: PMDG 747,MD11,CS 767, REX2, UTX, GEX, Hey all it seems no matter what I do I get slight stutters even with FPS @ 30's as an example. And alot more obviously when in VC especially with these addon planes. Iv'e tried setting FPS limiter to unlimited and 24. But same result really. Infact lowering to 24 makes scenery load quicker.I can be at FL280 getting mid 40's in vc and still have micro stutters.I mean it generally does get smother as fps go up but still. I just find it strange when on FS9 24fps was super smooth but with fsx....not so good. Could the 8800gt with 512 be a bottle neck. Thanks
I can only confirm that 8800GT is a huge bottleneck in that system. I had previously to my current system, E8600@4.0 and 8800GT, and with FS9/X, I wasn't completely happy. Until I got GTX285, I tested it in the old system, and I immediately noticed higher FPS, especially with clouds. If you search the Video Cards forum, you will find my post, where I compared the 8800GT to GTX285.Also here I compared the old system to the new one, just search a bit.

I upgraded from a 9800GT to a 275GTX and I believe the latter makes a better partner with my E8400 o/c'ed to 3.78. To be honest it didn't give me significantly more FPS but it feels more "solid" and it runs cooler.

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Guest 413X3

I cure stutters by setting texture max load to 4096and making sure after changing another setting in the fsx menu to quit and open up the fsx.cfg file again to change it back to 4096