Sign in to follow this  
sidh

Is my FPS worth it? ( FS9 )

Hello everyone,I am just annoyed with my FS9 performance.My rig is belowIntel Quad Core Q8200 2.34 Oc'ed to 2.50 GHz | 3 GB Corsair RAM DDR-II | NVIDIA GTX 260 sp216 |250+160 GB HD | P-43-NEOF | TX2 Hyper COOLING | COOLER MASTER 334 | Fs9.1 | 19 Inches DELL LCD | Microsoft Windows 7 Home premium x64|But the FPS i get with PMDG/CS 757 addons at areas like KJFK ( Adobe traffic rex and UT-max) is like 13-20 FPS! My windows is clean and virus free with No high temprature...Please can anyone tell me what's wrong with this?I have tried every possible thing but still there are bad lags with addons It is like 5-6 increase in FPS from my old pc which was (p4 3.0 Ghz 6600gt and 1GB ram)I have no troubles with other games they all run fine!Please tell me what to do..HERE ARE FEW SCREENSHOTS106c9pz.jpgrkvmad.jpg2lnjvpg.jpg29kqhbd.jpgThanks for help in advance/Avsim

1y329d.jpg

Be patient, our US friends will be around soon.Areas such as JFK, LAX, SFO LHR etc etc are all fairly intensive and you are using REX, UT and PMDG so I'm not overly shocked by your statement.

You mention two hardware configurations, are they running the same Windows install or does your new config have a new install of Windows? Same goes for the fs9.cfg file.

You mention two hardware configurations, are they running the same Windows install or does your new config have a new install of Windows? Same goes for the fs9.cfg file.
It has fresh new install of windows 7 and Fs9(ofcourse)

1y329d.jpg

Guest firehawk44
Hello everyone,I am just annoyed with my FS9 performance.My rig is belowIntel Quad Core Q8200 2.34 Oc'ed to 2.50 GHz | 3 GB Corsair RAM DDR-II | NVIDIA GTX 260 sp216 |250+160 GB HD | P-43-NEOF | TX2 Hyper COOLING | COOLER MASTER 334 | Fs9.1 | 19 Inches DELL LCD | Microsoft Windows 7 Home premium x64|But the FPS i get with PMDG/CS 757 addons at areas like KJFK ( Adobe traffic rex and UT-max) is like 13-20 FPS! My windows is clean and virus free with No high temprature...Please can anyone tell me what's wrong with this?I have tried every possible thing but still there are bad lags with addons It is like 5-6 increase in FPS from my old pc which was (p4 3.0 Ghz 6600gt and 1GB ram)I have no troubles with other games they all run fine!Please tell me what to do..Thanks for help in advance/Avsim
I don't see anything wrong. That's very good frame rates for the system you have, especially at JFK and using a PMDG or CS addon! Anything around 15 and above would be great with that system. Since you state you just did a fresh install of FS9 and Windows 7, you might be able to get two or three more frames per second by defragging as files are thrown all over the hard drive when installing Windows and especially FS9/FSX. You probably did that though as you state you have tried every thing possible. Of course, reducing some of your FS9 settings will also result in an increase in FPS. Best regards,Jim

Thank you for your helps :)So i dont need to worry anymoreOverclocked to 2.70 Ghz Now alot improove in performance v7ckl3.jpg

1y329d.jpg

Keep on overclocking then. That chip has way more headroom in it. I run all 3 of my 45nm Core 2 chips at 3GHz or higher (2 at 4GHz+).

Yup, all about the clock speeds. With my set up, I'd be lucky to hold 25 in that situation, so all is normal.