Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anubis

How to avoid this?

Guest Anubis

I am trying to find a way to deal with situations like the following ones:- EXAMPLE#1This is Palma (Spain) at LOD15 with Service#3. As you can see, there is a black strip between the high-res area (left, near the airport) and the low-res area (right): it is not a TileProxy artifact, as it can be seen also with http://www.flashearth.com/.Service#1 has not this black strip, however the resolution is worse.- EXAMPLE#2This is Heraklion (Greece) at LOD15 with Service#1. This time there a white strip with an icon (no camera or something like that). And again Service#3 has not that white strip, but the resolution is worse.In both cases, what I would like to do is:1) locate somehow the black (Example#1) and the white (Example#3) tiles2) delete them at least at the best available LODs (15,14)3) overfly the same area switching service provider and fill the gaps. I understand the final result will be a kind of patchwork, but hopefully should be better compared to seeing those black/white stripesHints are welcome!Anubis

I am trying to find a way to deal with situations like the following ones:This is Palma (Spain) at LOD15 with Service#3.- EXAMPLE#2This is Heraklion (Greece) at LOD15 with Service#1.1) locate somehow the black (Example#1) and the white (Example#3) tiles2) delete them at least at the best available LODs (15,14)3) overfly the same area switching service provider and fill the gaps. I understand the final result will be a kind of patchwork, but hopefully should be better compared to seeing those black/white stripesHints are welcome!
A hint is about all there's space for here in the forums.You are going to encounter this at an awful lot of places... I'm scratching my noggin over the same issue at Innsbruck Austria - the border between detail and very little detail.I don't have details and "procedures" worked out but I suspect it will go something like this:have whatever tiles are available look at tiles in cache folder (thumbnail mode)delete any having the border.realign by name orderdetermine a cutoff "edge" caused by border tilesdelete any additional 'good' tiles extending beyond that cutoff pointfly OFFLINE to see how TP will treat the 'junction'delete additional 'border' tiles, if needed, until there is a clean transition.enjoy in offline mode; then go fly somewhere without the problem.andKeep checking to see if somebody has made some usable scenery for the area that you can download; there could also be regional sim groups online (that we've never heard of) that have already done such a project but not uploaded to the major sites.You should have the Image tool and the TmfViewer from the SDK to be able to locate and see the actual scenery tiles (that TP makes).You could do it by trial-and-error but that is going to take a long time and be very frustrating to try to get right - if it can be done at all.Loyd