Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sky_6

Cessna 206 Floats- New leather dash..!

Guest piperazzurro

That's a clever idea! Nice work, can I have it too?

Guest DXFMJ

Sweet, thanks man!

DXFMJ & Toxin, The files have been uploaded...check your PM's..

Guest piperazzurro

Many thanks, downloading now

Guest Sky_6

...back to Ed Truthan's Snow MODS and effect for FSX...(sorry a little off topic)I was notified the pictures/screens were not showing up on the original post above..so I reuploaded them...(I am really excited about this-this makes winter/snow more immersive!)-more info on them to come soon-Go ED!ED"I did finally have a chance to initiate the creation of all new snowy runway textures utilizing Bill Womack's excellent ground tiles method and the results have been awesome. The increased FSX resolution really makes them "pop"! And, (finally!) FSX allows for realistic snow driven "prop wash" when throttles are engaged, and it works for ALL aircraft, and is very cool! I've attached a few screenshots from my working test camp at TFG1."TFG1-Test-1.jpgTFG1-Test-2.jpgTFG1-Test-3.jpgTFG1-Test-4.jpg

Where, oh, where did you find those shots? Do you have a address for Ed Truthan? That is the best snow I have seen so far for FSX. I know he did some for CoF, but I have been waiting for ages for good snow. Thanks for posting this, Sky.Wait 'till Glenn sees this! He'll probably be willing to do anything for it. (welllll, almost anything... :( )Cheers,Fritz

Guest BeaverDriver
Where, oh, where did you find those shots? Do you have a address for Ed Truthan? That is the best snow I have seen so far for FSX. I know he did some for CoF, but I have been waiting for ages for good snow. Thanks for posting this, Sky.Wait 'till Glenn sees this! He'll probably be willing to do anything for it. (welllll, almost anything... :( )Cheers,Fritz
OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BABY!!!!! How do we get a hold of these??? Ed is a master of this sort of thing, and if he's back doing more, then that's nothing but great news for all of us snow-lovers!! Do you know where I can reach Ed?GlennPS - "almost" anything is just about right!! :(

Guest Sky_6

I am BETA testing the airport and its effects now...will report back...Glenn, would you mind doing a little testing also...

Guest BeaverDriver
I am BETA testing the airport and its effects now...will report back...Glenn, would you mind doing a little testing also...
SURE! Fire me a PM and let me know the details. Looks great - thanks :(

Guest Sky_6

We will need to start a new thread for this on going project, outside of the Carenado forum . Please only reply to this is the new thread below. We shall keep to the 206 thread here please. * Note - this discussion has been moved to the MSFS Scenery Design forum: Porcupine Camp TFG1 Beta Here are a quick couple of shots I took this morning overflying the field in the Cessna L-19:Ed Truthan's Porcupine Camp (TFG1)SIRP CanadaBill Womacks/Ed Thruthan's Snow EffectsLatitude: N56*56.62'Longitude: W131*13.46'Elevation: 5953 FT Runway Length 1 2600 Snow 19 2600 Snow2010-3-16_7-3-27-468.jpg2010-3-16_6-46-22-828.jpg2010-3-16_6-24-4-109.jpg2010-3-16_6-46-45-671.jpg2010-3-16_6-32-48-46.jpg2010-3-16_7-3-32-187.jpg2010-3-16_7-2-32-515.jpg

I love what you guys are doing with the 206. She has always been a favorite since 2004 and all this work is very much appreciated. Just a small issue I saw after I add the new dash...from the outside view looking in the panel is gray... not tan like banana bobsWill be watching for any and all work you have to offer and Please don't stopMany thanksStu

Guest Sky_6
...from the outside view looking in the panel is gray...
Stu, good catch, I throw a fix up shorty...Bye the way, the MOD is available in the AVSIM library, here is the AVSIM link: C206 Leather/Vinyl MOD

Guest Sky_6

Fix is ready ------> D.gif <------- THIS ONLY A FIX