Sign in to follow this  
IMAGRANDPA2

Diiscouraged by PMDG lack of response

We have purchased every aircraft made by PMDG for FSX. However we have recently experienced difficulties with both the MD-11 and the 747-400 that I know will req1uire re-installing of the 2 aircraft. We have attempted to get a response from PMDG regarding re-download of this software but with no response, not even a computer acknowlegement that the e-mails have been received. I think we have now sent a total of 6 e-mails since last week. What more can I do?Eric and Louise olson

We have purchased every aircraft made by PMDG for FSX. However we have recently experienced difficulties with both the MD-11 and the 747-400 that I know will req1uire re-installing of the 2 aircraft. We have attempted to get a response from PMDG regarding re-download of this software but with no response, not even a computer acknowlegement that the e-mails have been received. I think we have now sent a total of 6 e-mails since last week. What more can I do?Eric and Louise olson
If you did not received any e-mail response I'd say that they haven't heard from you due to spam filters or whatever , but I 'm sure that one of them will respond as soon as they see your thread!

Guest BlueRidgeDx

Yep,Posting here is is a good way to get noticed. If you didn't receive an automatic response, then either your e-mail didn't get through to their server, or your ISP's spam filter is catching their replies to you. For future reference, you're allowed to save the installer file so that you don't have to re-download them again later. Re-downloading after your download links have expired is a pain, and depending on the situation, you run the risk of having to purchase the "extended download service". I certainly wouldn't want to pay extra because I forgot to make a backup copy.As Leonardo said, I'm sure you'll receive a response very soon.

Hello Ryan,Thanks for jumping in on this. The e-mail address is, <<email removed to protect the poster from spam>>. The aircraft we need re-downloaded are the FSX models of the MD-11 and the 747-400.Regards,Eric Olson

Eric-Unfortunately- this type of problems is almost entirely unavoidable in email.Our support@ email address gets drowned in SPAM every day. Looking at the stats for last week, for example, support@ alone received almost 500 spam email PER HOUR FOR THE ENTIRE WEEK...The filters become a necessary evil- and the rate of false positives is low when considered on a grand scale- but when that false-positive is YOU- it's a PITA...See my post coming to the top of the forum in a bit...we're working on a solution...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Hi again Ryan,I logged into the sight but was unable to find the download links you set up for me. It's probaly my problem...not looking in the right spot. Could you help me out a bit more?ThanksEric Olson

Ryan and Robert,I want to thank you both---Ryan for your prompt response to my request for re-downloads (I figured things out): and Robert for the explanation on your e-mail situation. I apologize for the language but I have to say it just ####### me off that you are forced to deal with all that crap...500 spams /hr, I don't see how you manage! Anyway I hope you are successful in coming up with a solution that allows your legitimate and long-term customers to alert you when we have problems that require your assistance.Regards,Eric Olson

Guest killerwatt
Ryan and Robert,I want to thank you both---Ryan for your prompt response to my request for re-downloads (I figured things out): and Robert for the explanation on your e-mail situation. I apologize for the language but I have to say it just ####### me off that you are forced to deal with all that crap...500 spams /hr, I don't see how you manage! Anyway I hope you are successful in coming up with a solution that allows your legitimate and long-term customers to alert you when we have problems that require your assistance.Regards,Eric Olson
Eric, now that you have solved your problem, you may want to go and edit out your email in your previous post otherwise you may end up recieving more spam emails than you would like also.

Eric-No apology needed!Stuart noticed that your email address was hanging out there- so i removed it.The spammers just love to find personal email addresses posted in a place like this...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com