Sign in to follow this  
Guest 413X3

Is this a good build?

Guest 413X3

Intel X58 Core i7 ConfiguratorCase CoolerMaster HAF 932 Full Tower Gaming Case-BlackProcessor Intel

Guest firehawk44

I'll be first - Yes, for that price? Yes! Don't see a sound card though and, if it doesn't have Windows 7 64 bit I would look elsewhere (no just kidding).Best regards,Jim

Guest 413X3

I have 2 1tb hard drives and a SB Audigy PCI-Express from my last computer. The video card is also from my last computerEventually I want to get a large SSD but they are too expensive right now

If you can change things you might want to look at an Asus P6X58D http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16813131614this one already has the USB 3.0 and SATA 3.0 included.If you can get a different HD get one that has a 32MB cache and runs at 7,200 RPM.You might want to look at a different CPU cooler than the V8. Read some reviews on some of the tech forums, there are better coolers coming out all the time and the V8 is already a year or more into its life.Regards,Rod

Guest 413X3

the motherboard I have already has sata and usb 3.0I have western digital 32mb cache 7200rpm 1tb drives.I don't have many options in the cooler, I'm buying it from a prebuilt company that only offers 2 choices and 2 water cooled choices. As long as the V8 can keep temps relatively down if I overclock to 3.5ghz then I will be happy

the motherboard I have already has sata and usb 3.0I have western digital 32mb cache 7200rpm 1tb drives.I don't have many options in the cooler, I'm buying it from a prebuilt company that only offers 2 choices and 2 water cooled choices. As long as the V8 can keep temps relatively down if I overclock to 3.5ghz then I will be happy
Your V8 will do the job just fine. It still gets lots of recommendations every once and a while. You can always invest in a new one if it doesn't work out. They're only 50-70 bucks for the best air cooling systems.

Guest 413X3

I decided to build it myself, I saved over $800 with tax and shipping costs from buying it off amazon and using my prime account.With the money saved I bought an i7 950 instead of a 920. Went with a Coolermaster 212 and have a replacement quiet fan for it, and another few quiet fans for the HAF 922 mid tower case instead of the full tower. Can't wait until it all arrives today!!