Sign in to follow this  
ZX-3

Capt Sim Free 727 Demo

Has anyone loaded and flown the free 727 capt sim demo? If so how do you get the doors and panels closed? Also where are the instrument digits/pointers?I got the aircraft into the air but with the spoilers and flaps deployed it did not fly for very long.The self extraction loads the program/aircraft into the main FSX program. Is this where it should be going? I could not find any readme file or instructions.Any help is welcomedTerry

Has anyone loaded and flown the free 727 capt sim demo? If so how do you get the doors and panels closed? Also where are the instrument digits/pointers?I got the aircraft into the air but with the spoilers and flaps deployed it did not fly for very long.The self extraction loads the program/aircraft into the main FSX program. Is this where it should be going? I could not find any readme file or instructions.Any help is welcomedTerry
From what I have heard about their demo's you'd probably get a better working demo by downloading the images from google instead. :(

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Thank you everyone for the help.I do not see the reason it is called a demo when you cannot do anything with it. I personally would not buy it even though I really like the old 727s. I would rather have a aircraft that flys right than looks pretty.Terry

I bought it when they had the sale last year. It's not perfect, but if you apply the few tweaks and updates that are posted in the forum its a pretty good a/c and a lot of fun to fly if you dont mind actually hand flying it a bit since it doesn't have the automation of newer airliners. Overall though it a great a/c imho and I am glad I bought it. If your not sure wait until the end of the year when they have the $15 sale again. I got it then along with the -200 and Freighter expansions and also the C-130 Xperience. Plus the fact that if you want a good 727 for FSX theres not much else to choose from.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest FxF3

I 2 was going to download it then read everything, I mean everything is disabled on it. So whats the point. I wonder why they just don't give you a timed demo?

I 2 was going to download it then read everything, I mean everything is disabled on it. So whats the point. I wonder why they just don't give you a timed demo?
Hard to say. Maybe its too difficult for them to program it to work for a timed portion, or that if it they did it that way it would be too easy for people to crack it to work all the time for free. Maybe you should ask on their forum. I think the reason for the demo is mainly just so you can view the cockpit and exterior on you sim, rather than just look at screen shots of it. Not a bad idea in mu opinion. I dont know any other developers that offer a demo version of an a/c so that you can view it in your sim.Good luck if you decide to buy it. Make sure to log into the forums and read some of the user tweaks they posted. You'll most likely enjoy it if you get it and on my system its easy on FPS, about like the default planes. I just finished a flight in it from Cuba to Toncontin (MHTG) and it was not only fun but a bit of a challenge flying the approach in that a/c.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

No obligations, hidden fees, registrations, banners, adware... ...actually, no nothing. Just a 3d screenshot that you can look in FSX.But this is exactly what you can expect from people that are releasing a/c without VC's.

No obligations, hidden fees, registrations, banners, adware... ...actually, no nothing. Just a 3d screenshot that you can look in FSX.But this is exactly what you can expect from people that are releasing a/c without VC's.
You can sort of judge the FPS hit, though, which is probably also rather important. I think the CS727 really isn't all that bsd. It's a pity many epople turn it down because of CS's reputation. The only reaon I end up not flying their planes, is because in FS9 there is better stuff, and my computer can't handle FSX well enough to my taste.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

It's a pity many epople turn it down because of CS's reputation.
I tried to tell them that but they are just pure ignorant...I own their 727, 757, 767 and C-130 but I'm never going to buy anything else from them (I got all of them on sale) because they were extremely rude to me for no reason and they didn't even care. I'm not the only one with this experience.They are the worst businessmen ever and they are actually trying to make money (a/c without VC... just for quick money).