Sign in to follow this  
MahrVehl

Autopilot - Beginner

Markus,With the flaps in landing range (>31) and the landing gear up, the warning horn cannot be silenced.(unless it is a customer option, which I strongly doubt)Regards,Harry
Interesting to see you two debating that. My larger point (and to the point of the original poster) is that if you're getting a lot of betty or a bunch of warnings, you might be doing something wrong, or at least something out of SOP or that needs your attention. While making a stabilized approach I was dropping landing flaps too early, something I realized after getting the warnings and then doing some more reading on it. So, this guy getting the Stabilizer warning should clue him in to check his trim settings, as an example.

With the flaps in landing range (>31) and the landing gear up, the warning horn cannot be silenced.(unless it is a customer option, which I strongly doubt)
Thanks for that Harry, I admit I haven't used that switch very often...Markus

Markus Burkhard

Thanks for that Harry, I admit I haven't used that switch very often...Markus
No problem Markus. With your involvement I have no doubt you are able to fly the MD11 with a minimum of self-generated warnings. So the use of this switch becomes very remote.My remark was primarily intended to prevent forum readers to think in the wrong way.On the other hand, it's a good example to get the noses into the books, as Doug did.Regards,Harry