Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG to Cease All Email Support...

Sounds great. I think the support email could use a face lift, or SP1 if you will ;-)Spam is insane in the comp world and I wish there were some type of laws that were international to help slow it down a bit. It's really out of control, and am tired of servicing computers because of what spammers get away with now a days...On another view of this news, I would say do as the title says and stop email entirely. Seriously, it's easy to track new posts in the forum and Paul could just spend his email time here. That coupled with the questions I'm sure he answers on an hourly basis that could (and would) most likely be answered by some of the many forum helpfuls here I don't see a down side to it really.Just a thought. Otherwise, I love the sound of it and look forward to it. :(

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

At my company (I work for an ISP) we started using a quite simple freeware livechatprogram called Livezilla. Not that many of our customers have actually realized we have it, but those who do and have used it have been very enthusiastic about it and prefer it to all other means of support we offer (email, phone, visit our office). Of course with PMDG having customers from all over the world "opening hours" may be bit of an issue, but I'm sure Ryan doesn't mind the 24h a day shift! :D

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

RobertHaving used your constumer support frequently in the past with great success, PMDG has taken customer support to the next level. Congrats.Richard Churchill

Richard Spencer

Churchill

PVT SEL

GYSGT

USMC (ret)

[...]most likely be answered by some of the many forum helpfuls here[...]
Reading your post now I don't think my idea is that good anymore. A problem solved in a post is there for everyone to see ever after, while a chat simply vanishes.As many others I've found answers to lots of questions using the search function.Whatever, I'm sure they'll come up with something handy

Guest SK8RBOI7478i

Fantastic development!Reading between the lines, folks, what I see is PMDG strengthening every facet of their operation in order to support the flurry of great new aircraft about to come our way over the next few years. I couldn't be more excited about Robert's news of this major investment in time, talent and equipment - It means nothing but good things for us customers!!Bravo, PMDG Team!Cheers!

Reading your post now I don't think my idea is that good anymore. A problem solved in a post is there for everyone to see ever after, while a chat simply vanishes.As many others I've found answers to lots of questions using the search function.Whatever, I'm sure they'll come up with something handy
We'll be adding solved problems to the knowlege base system.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I got that :( . That's to replace the wiki. What I mean is that I'm not sure that my original idea of letting us use the live support platform (be it a chat or whatever) to contact other users for help, is actually a good idea.The forum is more suitable for that I guess.Who cares what I think anyway? I don't :(

I got that :( . That's to replace the wiki. What I mean is that I'm not sure that my original idea of letting us use the live support platform (be it a chat or whatever) to contact other users for help, is actually a good idea.The forum is more suitable for that I guess.Who cares what I think anyway? I don't :(
Haha, I agree with another thing you pointed out as for the question and answer being seen others, and therefore would (or in theory should) lower support questions. I know most users won't spend more than 1 minute on using the searches since that is seen even with regulars here, but regulars here that have read answers could recall the solution or at least help with the asist.Anything to what is in place is great and I agree that PMDG definitely seems to be doing a great job with what appears to be a complete rework from the ground up and look forward to the near future :)

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Guest SK8RBOI7478i
That's excellent news.A Knowledge Base is a superior solution for initial problem-solving. With a KB, you get authoritative, vetted solutions/tips/tweaks to issues most commonly encountered, and to questions most commonly asked, in a much more user friendly format. No need to search a forum and then have to wade through every wacky opinion on a topic to get a simple answer (not saying the ideas and solutions found on the PMDG forums are wacky - quite the contrary! But, you simply must read some of the stuff flying around the forums outside the confines of PMDG...I mean, whoa, some folks oughta get out more often :( ...).But I digress - suffice it to say that the addition of a PMDG-hosted Knowledge Base will be a boon to the customer/simmer! The PMDG Forum can coexist as well - a place where the true fanatics (yeah, I'm one of them :( ) can come to discuss and exchange opinions on some of the more 'arcane' tips and tweaks :( .A Win-Win if there ever was one!Cheers!

Well, and being a jester as I am, I can't help but post this as a tribute to all those spammmers who are just about to be left behind by the new support platform

Guest SK8RBOI7478i
Well, and being a jester as I am, I can't help but post this as a tribute to all those spammmers who are just about to be left behind by the new support platform
Ha! Too true!

Good idea I hope lol - you're a glutton for punishment lolAs for spam, I even block email from myself now as I get spam using my email addy lol.John Ellison (no $10 here lol)