Sign in to follow this  
awralls

Speech Under WinXP - Fixed

As I raised the earlier topic, it's appropriate to mention that through Bryan's endeavours, all of the issues that I had have been resolved through SP1. The recognition % under XP is now up there with the performance of the first 737 product. It's a joy to use the Maddog version and marry up the immersion and flexibility of Voice FS2Crew with the realism of the Maddog aircraft in FS9/FSX. Without doubt it's one of the slickest VR implementations around.Thanks Bryan!Andy

I would like to second Andy's sentiments.Thank you Bryan for all your hard work.Bryan's update (I see it is now released) has helped me as well. Combined with my new Beyerdynamic MMX2 headset (I can heartily recommend this to anyone looking - it has a suppressed mic, is both 3.5mm jack and USB compatible, and has a volume control and mic mute switch, plus, high end quality sound), I am now having far fewer problems.It still doesn't like the way I say "Auto" (probably my English accent), but always works after a few attempts now. The rest is greatly improved. Not had time for a proper long flight yet, but some quick circuits at EKVG last night where a blast!!!!THANKS BRYAN!

beta.gif

I would like to second Andy's sentiments.Thank you Bryan for all your hard work.Bryan's update (I see it is now released) has helped me as well. Combined with my new Beyerdynamic MMX2 headset (I can heartily recommend this to anyone looking - it has a suppressed mic, is both 3.5mm jack and USB compatible, and has a volume control and mic mute switch, plus, high end quality sound), I am now having far fewer problems.It still doesn't like the way I say "Auto" (probably my English accent), but always works after a few attempts now. The rest is greatly improved. Not had time for a proper long flight yet, but some quick circuits at EKVG last night where a blast!!!!THANKS BRYAN!
You're very welcome.This voice stuff is very complex and I couldn't have identified that XP issue without the detailed reports I've received from my loyal users.It's funny how computers are like people; they don't all run the same way.The good news is that I now have a solid six months experience with Speech Recognition, so that means that in future versions, I should be able to get a near perfect first release because all the potential pitfall areas have been identified.Cheers,

It still doesn't like the way I say "Auto" (probably my English accent),
Neil,I suffer from the same affliction, but I've become used to saying "audo" and it seems to work. Andy

I'll give that a go Andy.By the way Bryan, do we need to download SP1, or were there no changes from the version we downloaded yesterday?ThanksNeil

beta.gif

I'll give that a go Andy.By the way Bryan, do we need to download SP1, or were there no changes from the version we downloaded yesterday?ThanksNeil
Neil,I'm not sure which version you have.Just download again to be on the safe side.Best,