Sign in to follow this  
Arnaud

Ghost cloud layer following the aircraft

Hi,Something which never happened before started to annoy me in fs9 since a while. I dont use any addon weather program yet, no ActiveSky, no REX, nothing, at the moment.However I have downloaded and installed the nice HDE clouds from Pablo Diaz recently, and I wonder if these cloud textures could be the cuplrit. I noticed they arent mipped.Here's the problem: when setting up a layer of stratus, at let's say 3000feets AGL, and some cirrus at FL600, when flying at FL150 for instance, I noticed that there were an uncommanded cloud layer following my plane. That looks really idiotic, and I have no idea where that cloud layer come from: I checked my registered version of FSUIPC which can sometime add clouds layers, but it's not there.That cloud layer which follow my plane seems to appear only with stratus, not with cumulus. Under that ghost layer, I can see the layer I did set myself.Are there any known issues with HDE clouds such as this one?Or does this have anything to do with the cloudimpostor value set in fs9.cfg?Hope someone can help.Regards

This has been a problem for some, including myself, with those particular HDE clouds. No fix for it as far as I know, I've moved on to REX.

Hi,Something which never happened before started to annoy me in fs9 since a while. I dont use any addon weather program yet, no ActiveSky, no REX, nothing, at the moment.However I have downloaded and installed the nice HDE clouds from Pablo Diaz recently, and I wonder if these cloud textures could be the cuplrit. I noticed they arent mipped.Here's the problem: when setting up a layer of stratus, at let's say 3000feets AGL, and some cirrus at FL600, when flying at FL150 for instance, I noticed that there were an uncommanded cloud layer following my plane. That looks really idiotic, and I have no idea where that cloud layer come from: I checked my registered version of FSUIPC which can sometime add clouds layers, but it's not there.That cloud layer which follow my plane seems to appear only with stratus, not with cumulus. Under that ghost layer, I can see the layer I did set myself.Are there any known issues with HDE clouds such as this one?Or does this have anything to do with the cloudimpostor value set in fs9.cfg?Hope someone can help.Regards
Hi, I had the very same thig happen. I have found that if i don't use the cirrus overcast textures that the problem does not exist anymore. Hope this will work for you.

Thank you guys,I understand that is a common problem with HDE clouds then. Too bad :( ChinookWind, thanks for the tip, but I can hardly imagine a sky without cirruses. Did you mean stratus? I might give REX a try though, I've been reluctant to buy it since the many issues people experience with its GUI so far.

Thank you guys,I understand that is a common problem with HDE clouds then. Too bad :( ChinookWind, thanks for the tip, but I can hardly imagine a sky without cirruses. Did you mean stratus? I might give REX a try though, I've been reluctant to buy it since the many issues people experience with its GUI so far.
Not without cirrus, HDE for everything except cirrus I use the default cirrus instead.

This is the answer to your prayersThese Cirrus_03 files replace the folowing haze layer. And you can even choose what type of normal haze layer you want. In fact it is better this way than having to "turn off the fs9 haze layer" Many weather systems also have haze so it's a neccessary cloud formation. Add these files and you won't see the chasing cloud anymore.Vololiberista

thank you very much indeed Vololiberista :( I replaced the cirrus_overcast03 file with the defaut one, at first, and it definitely solves the problem. Moreover, I emailed the author, Pablo Diaz, and he was so kind and repliedwith some texture of his own which also solves the problem (I tried the haze layers from bluesky, but honnestly wasnt much convinced).How nice is that? he shares with us his awesome work, and he even takes time to reply to emails. Quite rare these days.

Hey Arnaud.. just one thing.. if you use ActiveSky, just uncheck the Fog Layer Generation... it provides a haze generation if there are no clouds and poor visibility... it

Hey Arnaud.. just one thing.. if you use ActiveSky, just uncheck the Fog Layer Generation... it provides a haze generation if there are no clouds and poor visibility... it