Sign in to follow this  
Fiveholer

Mega FS2004/DirectX problem...

Hey guys...well, I'hve had FS2004 since friday all was running fine EXCEPT the 3D clouds just absolutely killing FPS...well, yesterday, I formatted my system (needed it badly). Well, got everything back up, installed all my drivers, etc. Installed FS...along with DX9a that comes with it...oh boy, now when I look at the horizon, its nothing but stutters and gurgled sound. The one thing that sticks out is that in DXDiag, AGP texturing is "Unavailable" I have NEVER seen that before, its ALWAYS been there...and before I formatted it was there...well, I downloaded/installed DX9b to see if anything changed, but nothing...I'm 90% sure this is where my problem is coming from, any one have any idea? I have attached a picture of what DXDiag is showing, please help if you can! Thankshttp://forums.avsim.com/user_files/26497.gifhttp://sgair.net/mike/banners/danny_small.jpg"Da King's gone mad wit power, he's gonna eat da chort!"- Coach ZIntel P4 2.4GHz - Asus P4PE Mobo - Crucial 512MB PC2700 DDR - 64MB Leadtek Winfast Geforce 3 TI200/Det. 44.67 AND Dell Inspiron 1100 - 2.2Ghz Celeron

Not sure I can shed any light on the differences you have noticed but are you suggesting that if I were to disable it, it would make FS2004 run a lot better?[strong]Adam Nardone[/strong] Web & Graphic Design www.ion-media.net [/p]

No, before I formatted, FS2004 was running smooth, stutter-free. Now since i formatted and reinstalled everything, I have lost the AGP Texture option in DXDiag, and now in FS2004, I have major stutters while viewing the horizon.http://sgair.net/mike/banners/danny_small.jpg"Da King's gone mad wit power, he's gonna eat da chort!"- Coach ZIntel P4 2.4GHz - Asus P4PE Mobo - Crucial 512MB PC2700 DDR - 64MB Leadtek Winfast Geforce 3 TI200/Det. 44.67 AND Dell Inspiron 1100 - 2.2Ghz Celeron

Ah see where you're coming from now. I'll look into it and see what I can find. Just as a tip, you might want to download the latest Detonator FX drivers if you haven't already done so.[strong]Adam Nardone[/strong] Web & Graphic Design www.ion-media.net [/p]

Detonator FX? Will they work with my aging GF3 Ti200??? I have tried 4 diff. sets of detonators since this problem arose (45.20, 44.67, 43.45, and my old standby 30.82s) http://sgair.net/mike/banners/danny_small.jpg"Da King's gone mad wit power, he's gonna eat da chort!"- Coach ZIntel P4 2.4GHz - Asus P4PE Mobo - Crucial 512MB PC2700 DDR - 64MB Leadtek Winfast Geforce 3 TI200/Det. 44.67 AND Dell Inspiron 1100 - 2.2Ghz Celeron

Should work no problem, it's the first set of drivers ever created to be compible with all the GeForce cards ranging from the GF2 to the latest GF FX. They are meant to increase performance by up to 30%.www.nvidia.com for further information...[strong]Adam Nardone[/strong] Web & Graphic Design www.ion-media.net [/p]

Guest Fortress

Just one other thing, did you remember to install your motherboard drivers? I've seen this with some boards with VIA chipsets prior to installation of the Via4-in-1 drivers.Just a thought - I've really no knowledge of Asus boards!Cheers,Paulhttp://www.strontiumdog.plus.com/sbird.jpgOfficially licenced by British Airways plc for use of name and logo[p]AMD XP2800+ Barton, Gigabyte GA-7NNXP nForce2, 1Gig Crucial PC3200 DDR 400MHz, Gainward 128 MB GF4-4200, SB Audigy, 3 x WD Caviar SE[/p]

Okay now this is way weird! I thought I'd experiment (as you do) with turning off/disabling the AGP texture thingy to see if it had the same effect on me. So anyway... I did that, started up the simulator and oh sh... hang on... not only is it still smooth, it's actually running smoother than before with better frame rates so I'm confused now... it had an adverse effect on you but a possitive effect on me. How strange![strong]Adam Nardone[/strong] Web & Graphic Design www.ion-media.net [/p]

Hi, Normaly with the Asus you should install the chipset driver came with the mothers board cd or go to their web site, also you may uninstall your video driver and reinstall nvidia your video drivers.You directx problems, have nothing to do with fs2004, it have to do with your video card driver and directX + Os.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Yeah Chris...I have realized that the dumba$$ that I am , forgot to install my Asus Intel chipset drivers...WELL...Ok, I think thats easy... I get out my Asus CD...plop it in, go to install the chipset drivers...well, as soon as they start to install, Xp reboots! #####...Windows reboots, runs scandisk, back in, and nothing installed! Arrrrgh, So I go to Asus' site, get the updated chipset drivers...try to install again, same thing, just a complete and total sudden reboot! Oh no, I don't know what to do now, I'm trying to scour Asus' site for help.http://sgair.net/mike/banners/danny_small.jpg"Da King's gone mad wit power, he's gonna eat da chort!"- Coach ZIntel P4 2.4GHz - Asus P4PE Mobo - Crucial 512MB PC2700 DDR - 64MB Leadtek Winfast Geforce 3 TI200/Det. 44.67 AND Dell Inspiron 1100 - 2.2Ghz Celeron