Sign in to follow this  
Americanvet

FSX Question

How do I get rid of the rocks and dust while taxiing in FSX?Michael DavisPMDG B1900C, JS4100, 737-700/800/900 (FS9), 747-400, 747-400F, MD-11

Best we can tell this is just a bug in the sim - if you land under certain conditions that effect remains there while you taxi.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

The issue is like Ryan stated but to add to it, if you take off from a wet runway, you will then carry this effect with you until you restart FSX. The rocks that you're describing sounds like the dirt/grass RWY effect that will also stay with you under certain circumstances. Some times you will even be able to see the effect on the ground following you @ 400+ knots, and other times I have seen it stay right under my aircraft :( It's pretty bizarre but does look kind of cool when landing at a wet runway, almost to show the effect the thrust is having on the water on the tarmac even several feet above. Both effect issues (rubble or water mist) seems to stay from start of taxi, through flight (although not normally noticed while flying at alt) to touchdown and final Taxi to gate.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier