Sign in to follow this  
Benjamin J

Two questions

Glad to hear about your progress Ben.Why don't you edit the runway to match that 111.90 ILS in igfly's AFCAD too? I guess you wouldn't need to tune your NAV manually thenWhenever I find a missmatch between my airac and my afcads, I just edit the last and problem solved :)

Glad to hear about your progress Ben.Why don't you edit the runway to match that 111.90 ILS in igfly's AFCAD too? I guess you wouldn't need to tune your NAV manually thenWhenever I find a missmatch between my airac and my afcads, I just edit the last and problem solved :)
I tried, but I'm not sure I'm doing it correctly. When I did try it, the plane still couldn't intercept the signal. Could you tell me how to do it? i don't trust the method I used myself, I'm afraid :(

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Ok, you can download this app http://www.fsfield.com/viewfile/1404.htmlAllows to edit everything in you afcads, you can even add parkings, runways, etc...to edit the ILS, first open the airport AFCAD (choose the one in the upper layer)then go to LISTS -> NAVAIDSdouble click the ILS and a window will popup with all the data. change the frequency (and the course if you want)Now, to replace igfly's AFCAD, you need to know where it's at:Go to FILE -> PROPERTIES and copy the path and name of the afcad file (it's at the bottom, labeled as "From File")go there and back up the original filenow save your edited AFCAD and name it the same as the original oneoverwrite the afcad with yours, and you should be good

That seems to be sort of what I did. But the course, where do I exactly change that? Is that the entry titled "heading"?

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Yes, it's the heading. For rw 32R Should be something around 325 (true heading) that's 317 magneticCan you upload your AFCAD so I can try it?

Sorry about interruption and dumb question but what is "AFCAD" :( ? I can not auto land LTBA 36R either due to the same problem. (24 is ok, didn't try 36L).P.S.: I don't use any scenery add-on.

No worries Hakan :) gonna try that myself nowEDIT: AFCADs are airport specs files. Google it :)

Dario: I'll start meddling again with the IGFly AFCAD, changing it all to the correct courses the way you described. I'll then test it out with the 747 and see if things have changed.

Benjamin van Soldt

Ok. maybe a few screenshots of the moment when you think the FMS should capture the glideslope whould help, in case editing your AFCAD doesn't solve the problem

Dario: I'll start meddling again with the IGFly AFCAD, changing it all to the correct courses the way you described. I'll then test it out with the 747 and see if things have changed.

Will do, thanks for all the help you are offering!

Benjamin van Soldt

I had no problems with the LTBA approach either.guys, I'll need those screens to know what's going on please

Thanks for trying Dario. I use these STAR's for approach to LTBA ILS36R: SADIK - ERMAN - IST D112.5. At SADIK 220/5500. Setting to alt 00000 on autopilot panel without pressing the button. Plane starts to descent but can't catch glide slope (even localizer). It continues to descent until crash to the ground just a couple of meters before the runway. It doesn't flare.I know it's hard to understand without screens or video (in addition my bad language :( ).Should I choose VOR36R instead of ILS36R?Regards.

are you guys sure you are in interception course? sorry to ask the obvious, but I'm running out of ideas.try setting a custom approach, and ignore the STARs:LTBA175/20LTBA175/10LTBA175/5for Ataturk and...UUDD137/20UUDD137/10UUDD137/5for DomededovoKeep in mind that STARS sometimes do not leave you in interception course, so you have to adjust with HEADING SELECT.

Dario: that's exactly what I have to do to get the plane intercept the ILS. I always have to manually nudge the plane slightly right. To do this, I set 325 in the HDG window and enable HDG SEL. The plane turns and quickly intercepts the localizer. If I do that, it's all okay. If I don't do that, I notice how the plane follow the approach procedure of RWY32R closely, but it does it several feet to the left, which I think is the cause of all the trouble. Now that you confirm that this can sometimes happen, I know that this is a somewhat normal thing... So, I think my problem has been solved. I'll still modify the AFCAD and refly, but I'm not sure when I'll have time to actually test it. I'll let you know when I did the test.

Benjamin van Soldt

Dario: tested it out but now the plane can't intercept the ILS signal. If you send me your email adress by PM, I can send you the AFCAD file by IGFly (which works) and the IGFly AFCAD I altered (which I can't get to work). That is, if you are still interested in testing it for me of course.

Benjamin van Soldt