Sign in to follow this  
Guest CV21

FSX aircraft radios

Guest CV21

Can someone help me about fixing radio frequencies on aircraft. I have 3 aircraft that I have added to the FSX sim. Everything appears as it should and everything is functional except the radios. Upon clicking the radio icon on the panel the radios appear as they should. The frequencies show and are lighted but they cannot be changed. This problem is on 2 of the aircraft. The third aircraft the radios appear as they should when the icon is selected but there are no frequencies showing and the radios are completely dark as if they are off.I have copied the radio section from other aircraft cfg. files and replaced that portion in the questionable aircraft with no luck. IE.....[Radios]// Radio Type = availiable, standby frequency, has glide slopeAudio.1 = 1Com.1 = 1,1Com.2 = 1, 1Nav.1 = 1, 1, 1Nav.2 = 1, 1, 0Adf.1 = 1Transponder.1 = 1Marker.1 = 1Although the questionable aircraft already had the above radio sections in their cfg's so I'm at a loss as to what to do next. Any help will be greatly appreciated. ThanksCV21

Guest anthony31fs

Are you sure the avionics switch is on?Figure out what the key command for the master avionics switch is, press it once and then try the radios again. There may not be a master avionics switch in the aircraft you have downloaded but the key command will still work never the less. If the avionics master switch is not on then you can't change radio frequencies.

Guest CV21
Are you sure the avionics switch is on?Figure out what the key command for the master avionics switch is, press it once and then try the radios again. There may not be a master avionics switch in the aircraft you have downloaded but the key command will still work never the less. If the avionics master switch is not on then you can't change radio frequencies.
Yes the avionics master is on in all cases

It's always best to list what aircraft/radios you're having this issue with.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Guest CV21

The planes and radios are as follows::::1. simTech FSX Beech 18 Bendix/King2. I-FOX Piper Navajo Panther Bendix/King3. FSND Cessna 310Q with Bendix/King Radios

Guest CV21
The planes and radios are as follows::::1. simTech FSX Beech 18 Bendix/King2. I-FOX Piper Navajo Panther Bendix/King3. FSND Cessna 310Q with Bendix/King Radios
Bump

Bump
Those are commercial products? Have you contacted those who created them? It sounds, based on the extremely limited information you've provided, that you're attempting to do something with someone else's gauges and it's not working. I'd urge you to contact the developer(s) and get them to solve your issues.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Guest CV21

Thanks guys...The aircraft are not commercial products.....On the Navajo when FSX loads it, I get a gauge warning that the gauge YLF_56_Yoke Toggle(witch whichs toggles yoke display on and off) is FS98 and no longer supported. However all electronics light ie: radio communications & navagation freqs are lit but cannot be changed. AP lights and works. ADF & Xponder light and workI've got the Beech 18 radios going and now the 310. The masters were all on. I found on the 310 that I apparently somewhere along the line I had turned off the battery switch on one of my cold starts and this carried over to the 310 when I tried to use it. Kind of a stupid mistake. So now my only problem is still the Navajo. It's a nice aircraft with a decent panel and I would like to get it figured out. It's an aircraft I used to fly a lot when I flew corporate.Thanks

Guest anthony31fs

Could you please provide a link to where you downloaded the Navajo from (or the exact filename, author etc) ? That way someone can download it and check it out. I just searched the avsim library and there are too many different results to know exactly which one you have.

Guest CV21

I had to reload FSX for a new computer and just realized that the Navajo is a FS9 aircraft. Don't know where I downloaded it from for the folder information is as follows:**************************************************//* I-FOX Navajo PA-31-350 Panther *//* AIRCRAFT CONFIGURATION FILE *//* For Flight Simulator 2004 *//* Copyright