Sign in to follow this  

Was your "home" airport/area improved in FS2004?

My hope airport is KISP and in FS2004, the terminal didn't change much at all in FS2004 but the control tower was changed. Long Island in FS2004 is still missing Lake Ronkonkoma, the Montauk Light house, and Robet Mosses Light which is suprising cause those are good landmarks for VFR flights.

FS2004 still has my home airport screwed up. It's missing a taxi way, and half the ramp. The beacon is in the wrong place too. At least they included the NDB this time.

Well, what do ya expect. If you do not live at JFK, CDG or similar new hi res areas, you won't see major differences, but of course new generic building, the airport beacons, a general new 'look' (new AutoGen stuff, completely updated airport terminals and buildings, taxiway signage etc.). So mine (EDDF) does not really look any different than in FS8. :-rollJust stand by for a couple years, and it will come by itself when we have worldwide 0.1 meter terrain mesh and 23K hih detailed airports as well as glider strips on a neat pack of about twenty DVDs. *:-* :( :-smooch :-hah

Guest AAF

The airport I consider my "home" port of KAMW wasn't much improved outside of the addition of actual traffic to it. I was, however, interested that MS included some college buildings in the town, and in the correct spots too. Off the top of my head, I remember seeing the dormitories, the campus water tower, and a few other buildings as well. It's a nice little touch to my home town.

Guest SlimDady

Well CYYC is pretty much the same.. i think the buildings were updated a bit.. but still no gates or any of that that you see in some of the airports now..It does have taxiway signs now but so do every other airport in fs2004

KSLC had some minor improvements and the city had some updates to the buildings. Just flew a ILS GPS Approach into KSLC in a thunderstorm.. what fun!Jonathan

Yes, KSQL (San Carlos, CA) is MUCH improved!

My airport tower frequency got changed, and now it's wrong. FS2002 was correct, but FS2004 is incorrect. Also it looks like many NDB's to Canadian airports are still missing....

This is one of the only things that really disappointed me about FS9, everything else is wonderful. Washington Dulles Airport KIAD is missing a tower and a huge terminal!! The funny thing is it WAS there in FS2002, and now it's just a few generic buildings, a secondary tower and the runways. This is one of the most important airports in the east coast, what a shame! Ah well, the sim rocks anyway