Sign in to follow this  
RobdeVries

FS2004 Lear Jet

I wondered what you guys think of the Lear jet included with Fs2004. I think it turned out to be my favorite of the default aircraft. My next favorite is the DC-3. In the prevous versions the default lear was the worst of the bunch, but this one is like night and day difference. Flies better and looks much better too. The VC seems much improved too.Rob

Guest RobK

I totally agree with you about the new Learjet. Like you said, I too thought the Learjet was the worst out of all of the default planes in FS2002. It has been greatly improved in FS2004 and now flies great. Much more stable and easier to steer on the ground than before. I also like the DC-3 and the new Mooney. Both aircraft fly really good too. It seems like MS improved the flight dynamics on most of the default aircraft this time. I have to check out some of the others yet.Rob

Guest pez_man

Yeah I second that, the learjet and the mooney are my absolute favourites of the new default aircraft. And the FDE of the new LJ45 has the right feeling about it. (A bit too blurry textures in the Lear-VC though...) /fredrik

For a default a/c it's a big improvement, but is still about two years behind the curve in terms of virtual cockpit design. The night lighting is that nasty, lurid pink!.Their designers should have read my white paper on "Virtual Cockpit Backlighting: Using Emissive Texture Mapping." :)Also, there is no cabin. Don't step through the cockpit door without a parachute! :(BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/fartslogo.jpg

>For a default a/c it's a big improvement, but is still about>two years behind the curve in terms of virtual cockpit design.> The night lighting is that nasty, lurid pink!.>It's behind in some ways, but more framerate friendly than other complicated VC's. The instruments actually look quite good on my 22" monitor ----- as in sharp & readable, but the panel textures are on the fuzzy side. As to the exterior of the Anniversary model--- I think it's super looking!L.Adamson

>It's behind in some ways, but more framerate friendly than>other complicated VC's. The instruments actually look quite>good on my 22" monitor ----- as in sharp & readable, but the>panel textures are on the fuzzy side. As to the exterior of>the Anniversary model--- I think it's super looking!Well, I 'fixed' the lighting by replaicing the fx with one of the one's I made for the Beechjet 400A and Premier I aircraft. Unfortunately, I cannot backlight the gauges properly because that requires having the 'self-illuminating' tag enabled in GMax for the VC polygons. :(BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/fartslogo.jpg

Guest SlimDady

yea lear used to be my fav.. but then they never really updated the plane in 2k2 so i avoided it.i love the dc-3.. for some reason landing in it is so much fun for me.. really easy flyer

Guest AV8RFOOL

I also like the new version of the Lear. Great VC and flight dynamics. I am also enjoying the Tri-Motor immensely. Flying around the Rockies in VC mode is a real treat with that plane floating above the mountain passes.

I seem to have found it....http://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/VC...c_tutorial.html ??but being a non panel designer is there more 'easy' way to change that awfull pink color on some VC's..you mentioned changing FX-files... Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://www.emotipad.com/emoticons/Flying.gif"A Bad Day At The Field Is Still Better Then A Good Day At Work"

RobdeVries.jpg

Yeah, the new Lear is definately better then that POS we had in FS2002.:)

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guest henkb

Love that plane!one thing though: the VSI needle does NOT seem to keep up with the VS set on the autopilot? Or is it the needle that reads the right value?Try it out: initiate a climb and set the VS to 1800 fpm. The needle is not going over 200/300 fpm? What's up with that?Anyone else with that problem?Henk

>I seem to have found it....>>http://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/VC...c_tutorial.html>??>>but being a non panel designer is there more 'easy' way to>change that awfull pink color on some VC's..you mentioned>changing FX-files... Good detective work! :)There's two areas you need to 'fix:'1) The color in 2d is controled by these entries in the panel.cfg fileDay=255,255,255Night=32,32,32 //controls color of panel backgroundLuminous=190,190,190 //controls color of gauge backgroundNote that the RGB color values are all equal; this ensures that the 'light' is white or at least a shade of gray... :)2) The fx files used in the VC may be found in the aircraft.cfg file[LIGHTS]//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landinglight.8 = 4, -16.00, 0.00, 2.25, fx_vclight,light.9 = 4, -27.00, 0.00, 0.25, fx_vclighth,They may be easily identified by the "Type" value. Either replace the fx files with ones you know are "white," or else edit the fx files to correct the color. This is found the the "Particle Attributes" section[ParticleAttributes.0]Blend Mode=2Texture=fx_2.bmpBounce=0.00Color Start=50, 50, 50, 1 //these are the values to set RGB colorColor End=155, 79, 70, 0 //note that these are heavy on the "Red" value!BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/fartslogo.jpg