Sign in to follow this  
Chris Willis

Fs2004 Tips and Trick on performance

Hi, I have just tried this.-When I disable the T&L, I lost near 4 fps-When I Enable the T&L, I have fps gain near 4 fps-In your Bios, looks your Agp Aperature size, My default was at 64MB.-When you disable the AGP Texture Acceleration in the DirectX, your have fps increase depend on your system.-NEVER use the AA inside fs2004Only use 2x for AA from your driver display driver, or a tweaker, or disabledGood Clouds looking and reduce the 2d clouds impostor shape.Use Ms ultra high default setup +-Set your clouds draw distant to 40 mil, clouds % percentage to 90/100%, or with the lower slider at the bottom clouds density to MAX.-Higher system, clouds draw distant more than to 40 mil, clouds percentage to 90/100%, clouds density to MAX.My system, ASUS Gforce4 TI 4200 128 meg 8X, latest official Nvidia driver installed, ASUS P4P800 8X board, Intel P4 2.53GHZ 533, 512 Ram KingstonThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest SlimDady

i think i can explain the t&l.. disabling it is for cards that cant do it hardware based tso its done by software. this is slower so thats why u take a fps hit..enable hardware t&l and your video card takes over the task, which is much faster at it

Hi Chris,Thanks for everything you are doing."When you disable the AGP Texture Acceleration in the DirectX, your have fps increase depend on your system." This worked for me, also.Also I eliminated the flashing with the ATI 9700 pro card. I had the agp aperature size set at 128. By lowering it to 64, this eliminated all the flashing for me.Ed

Why run at only 2x FSAA ? You've got a pretty good setup there, why not make it look good ? Sure it's a bit of a hit to the frames, but thats the price of having it look like your airplane isnt a sawtoothed fuselage.. Just my 2 cents.. I run 4xS at 1600x1200x32bit and wouldnt want to go any lower..