Sign in to follow this  
Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

Where's the FS2004.CFG file located?

Guest ScottPilot

Could someone tell me where the FS2004 configuration file is? I want to try to remove the red "brake" messages and I don't see the file in the FS9 directory.Has the configuration file changed since the last version of FS?Thanks,Scott :-)ATP/CFII - KCOS, in the real aviation world.

C:WINDOWSApplication DataMicrosoftFS9Henry. CYXT

Guest ScottPilot

Thanks Henry!Scott :-)

hmm, my XP Home install put it in c:documents and settings"your user name"application dataMicrosoftFs9Don

Guest DanWalloch

I don't find any such file on my pc....nothing in my documents, windows folder..........no where......

>I pinned this one since it gives the answer to a common>question. Hopefully this will cut down the # of repeat posts>about this topic.>Ahhh.......the Eternal Optimist :-rollvgb

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Dang!I searched for *.cfg on my hard drives and could not identify fs2004.cfg anywhere. Yes, I see all hidden files and folders and searched for hidden items. I use Win XP Pro SP1.I did find a fs2000.cfg that has only two items in it!Cloud9

Guest Ken_Salter

It is acutally called fs9.cfg. On my computer the path is:C:Documents and SettingskenApplication DataMicrosoftFS9fs9.cfg.This is on a WinXP Prof computer.http://saltydogfly2.avsim.net/images/avsim_sig.jpg"I am the keeper of the cheese; you are the lemon merchant"

OK I found my fs2004.cfg file! It is located on my C: drive atDocuments and Settings/cloud9/Application Data/Microsoft/FS9 (use the backslash instead of forward slash)Cloud9

Ken,thanks for your help. I just found it. I did not know the cfg file was renamed. I've got much to learn about FS2004! Say, when will Avsim post their full review of FS2004? I'm enjoying this web site a lot and it encourages me to not be lazy but to learn how to fly like the real pilots!Cloud9

Hi, Here other information:Where can I increase the Pan rate:fs9.cfg under:(CONTROLS)KBDAIL=46KBDELEV=46KBDRUD=64PAN_RATE=400 <----------- incrrease it to 950-When I change my view, I get weird ground texture color:fs9.cfg[DISPLAY]UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=25TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=40 <--------- increase it, I use 400, not recommended under 128 meg, can cause stutters, more the value is higher, more the texture will get faster to the hardware card.-Undocking panel? (Multimonitor)#1 Go in windowed mode#2 Transfert the panel windows to the others screens #3 Get back to full screen mode-Improved groundTERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=9.500000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=4.50000Use the anasotropy from external tweaker or in your driver display driver setting 8x-AntialasingDo not enable the Antialasing inside fs2004, only use it from an external tweaker or from your driver display setting, use 2x at max ur disabled.FS9.CFG:-For Windows XP users the fs9.cfg file is now located in Drive_Letter:Documents and SettingsUser_NameApplication DataMicrosoftFS9. This is a hidden folder by default so you need to modify the folder options via the control panel: go to the view tab and check the "Show hidden files and folders" option For Windows 9x users the fs9.cfg file is located in Drive_Letter:WindowsApplication DataMicrosoftFS9 -Saved flightsFor Windows XP users: Drive_Letter:Documents and SettingsUser_NameMy DocumentsFlight Simulator Files For Windows 9x users: Drive_Letter:My DocumentsFlight Simulator Files Note: if there are several users on a Win9x machine there might be several subfolders in the folder path abovePerformance:-When I disable the T&L, I lost near 4 fps-When I Enable the T&L, I have fps gain near 4 fps-In your Bios, looks your Agp Aperature size, My default was at 64MB.-When you disable the AGP Texture Acceleration in the DirectX, your have fps increase depend on your system.-NEVER use the AA inside fs2004Only use 2x for AA from your driver display driver, or a tweaker, or disabledGood Clouds looking and reduce the 2d clouds impostor shape.Use Ms ultra high default setup +-Set your clouds draw distant to 40 mil, clouds % percentage to 90/100%, or with the lower slider at the bottom clouds density to MAX.-Higher system, clouds draw distant more than to 40 mil, clouds percentage to 90/100%, clouds density to MAX.Others fs2004 Tips and trickshttp://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?...677c6364b3127f4My system, ASUS Gforce4 TI 4200 128 meg 8X, latest official Nvidia driver installed, ASUS P4P800 8X board, Intel P4 2.53GHZ 533, 512 Ram KingstonThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Scott,I have seen these answers go all over the place. I am starting to think that MS may have changed the location of the files between the end of beta and the ship version of the gold release.My FS2004.cfg file is located at C:documents and settingsdefaultapplications datamicrosoftfs9. There are so many places people have reported.Hope this helps you out.CheersBob JohnsonKDEN