Sign in to follow this  
Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

Where's the FS2004.CFG file located?

Hello Chris!Well, thanks for the info. I note that you said not to select AA from within FS2004. If I use Nvidia's AA, I can not see the Create A Flight menu and some other menues within FS. If I set AA = application, or Off, then I can view the menues normally. I am currently using AA = application and AF = x8. I also have selected AA within FS2004.I am getting decent frame rates - 15-25 fps when setting almost everthing to max. I'll need to be more specific. I am really enjoying FS2004!Cheers,Cloud9

Guest AJ

Why did they move this file anyway? Does this serve some practical function, or is is just an effort on MS's part to confuse the user. It has been inside the main folder for years and years. Why not just leave it there? Is is possible for the user to move it back, or will that crash the system?Andrew

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

When your WinXP is configured for multiple users all FS9 configuration files reside in the :"c:documents and settingsusernameApplication DataMicrosoftFS9"This allows each user of the computer to run FS9 according to his/her preferences without messing with another user's settings.Appart from the fs9.cfg, you will also notice other interesting files in there. Like the usage times for each and every aircraft you have selected in FS.BTW,Did you know that since FS2002 you can have multiple configuration files and each time load the one you want?For example. You have a nice joystick to fly the Airbuses and Yoke and pedals. Instead of changing the assignments each time or having trouble making the joystick and or yoke work together in FS, you can save one configuration file for each setup.Here's how.1. Copy the desktop shortcut as many times as required according to your configuration needs.2. Rename each to reflect the correct configuration.3. Right click on the shortcut, go to properties and on the tab 'Shortcut' change the line next to the 'Target' box to read:"xxxFS9.exe /CFG:FS9_confdesc.cfg" and save the modification.xxx is the execution folder and may vary according to your installation. Repeat this for the rest of your configurations.i.e. "e:fs2004fs9.exe /CFG:FS9_Joystick.cfg" and another one"e:fs2004fs9.exe /CFG:FS9_Yoke.cfg"4. When this is done the configuration files are NOT saved in the 'documents and settings' folders but in the main FS9 folder instead. This means that these configuration files will be used by all the users and not by user as before.5. Run FS for each configuration and set it up each time. This only needs to be done once. Instead you can set one config file with the common stuff (display settings, etc) and copy it as the different configuration files and then modify them from within FS.Hope this helps some of you.Fly safe,George DorkofikisAthens, Greece

One of the things I recommend is that you find it ONCE then make a shortcut to it and put that in the usual place inside of FS2004. Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg