Sign in to follow this  
Guest WorkingStiff

Any tools available to ADD an ILS to an existing runway that has none?

Guest grb

Hi all,Can anyone tell me if there are any freeware tools available that will allow one to ADD an ILS (freq.,hd,glide path etc.) to an existing runway in FS2K2?Obviously FS Scenery and Airport for Windows (all versions as far as I can see.....) DO NOT ALLOW one to create a ILS for a runway.Just wondering if any new tools have come about that allow us to ADD a ILS to a runway, And modify and exiting ones, frequency in particular.Thanks in advance for any help on this question.cheers all.

Guest grb

Thank you Michael for the fast response. But one would have to actually ADD a runway with minimal information in FSSC to create the ILS part wouldn't they? OR can one just not add any info for landing lights etc., and just add the ILS part and make it work?Put another way, wouldn't FSSC end up screwing up the existing FS2Kinformation (the bgl found in the ...SCENEDBADFILES folder?For instance, a airport, lets say Langely AFB has an existing runway, and required Tower communications to let me land and take off. I am able to add parking spaces etc., using APT210 with no problem. I cansee all the existing information for the airport while in AFCAD.So if I modify that runway using FSSC won't it inadvertanly screw upthe database info for that airport?Thanks for further help on this question. And HI. I used to communicate with you and some other key guys about a year ago on this forum then fell away, when I got the Soldier of Fortune and Medal of Honor bug. But I am back to trying to improve FS2k2 airports etc..take care,George

Guest grb

WorkingStiff,Thanks for your feedback. But as I just indicated in reply to Michael Carr, one cannot modify ILS parameters in AFCAD. They CANonly view the data. I have royaly screwed up a number of airport runways trying to modify the ILS frequency for Glide Path and Localizers in the past using AFCAD. Great tool but it is not designed to modify the basic ILS stuff in the bgl. Airport does not allow one to import bgl anymore so that tool is also out.What is EasyNav all about? Is there a home page you can point me to?Thank you,George

>Path and Localizers in the past using AFCAD. Great tool but>it is not designed to modify the basic ILS stuff in the bgl. >Airport does not allow one to import bgl anymore so that tool>is also out.>>What is EasyNav all about? Is there a home page you can point>me to?AFCAD only modifies the information that's dieplayed in the map view and in the readable database.EasyNav creates the actual .bgl file for the navaid. It's available right here at avsim.comUse the file search tool to find it... :)BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/fartslogo.jpg

Guest grb

Bill,Thank you for the information regarding EasyNav. I will search for itand then download.cheersGeorge

Guest grb

Bill,Thanks again for your help to find the EasyNav program. I installedit and now am using it along with AFCAD to insert correct ILS/Locators,Glide Slopes and DME's. Works great! No need to respond. Just wanted to let you know all worked out OK.This topic is closed at this point due to the solution being found.cheersGeorge

Guest WorkingStiff

>WorkingStiff,>Thanks for your feedback. But as I just indicated in reply to>Michael Carr, one cannot modify ILS parameters in AFCAD. >They CAN>only view the data. I have royaly screwed up a number of>airport runways trying to modify the ILS frequency for Glide>Path and Localizers in the past using AFCAD. Great tool but>it is not designed to modify the basic ILS stuff in the bgl. >Airport does not allow one to import bgl anymore so that tool>is also out.George,Judging from your responses, it seems to me that if you had actually taken the time to read my post and check out the link it contained you would have saved yourself a considerable number of keystrokes.Hence my suggestion to use both EasyNavs and AFCAD; EasyNavs to manipulate the BGL file and AFCAD to change the data.>>What is EasyNav all about? Is there a home page you can point>me to?>>Thank you,>George>My original post to you contained the link to EasyNavs in the AVSIM File library. :-)

Guest grb

WorkingStiff,After comparing your original suggestion with what Bill said, I dorealize that you suggested the IDENTICAL SOLUTION as he did. Sorry for not having clicked on the link you provided. I am soused to seeing hyperlinks included in forum threads that usually areplaced just over some graphic inclusion, that usually points to a persons home site etc., that I did not even think of clicking on it.Had you told me to click on the hyperlink to download EasyNav, I certainly would have done so. But thank you very much for providing a solution to my question. cheers and good flying,George