Sign in to follow this  
shortspecialbus

can't disable autopilot completely

Hi,I reported this in another thread but was unable to produce. I'm currently at the end of a flight and trying to manually land at TNCM, and I'm unable to turn off the autopilot completely. Pressing the soft disconnect button twice gives me roll control, but no pitch control whatsoever. I guarantee control inputs are being read, as the yokes move around when I push and pull on the yoke.Here's a screenshot (linked for size)http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~stefan/cantdescend.pngAny help? I can attach a saved flight if needed. Right now the flight is paused on a really lousy goaround of sorts where I just turned the plane back around to give it another shot. I can also create more screenshots if that would help.Thanks!-stefanquick edit: One thing I also tried is leaving autopilot on and yanking around the yoke a bit to disable the AP. It disconnects, and I get the audible warning, and have yaw control. Still no pitch control however.

Update: Saving and reloading the flight fixes the problem, but that's not really a good solution if I'm running RCv4 or FSPassengersX with it.Further info: This is FSX SP2 on Win7 64 Pro, running ASA and a number of scenery addons.I noticed in the flight that the PFD and the EICAS or whatever its called on the MD-11 stopped updating at some point, and the autopilot stopped functioning correctly as a result. The only way I could get them back was to screw with the plane to get it to go into pitch override mode. I recall seeing a few posts on that as well, as well as responding with what I thought was a fix at one point, but that may have something to do with it.Still looking for a real solution here - I'm pretty confident that it's not intended design.-stefan

I can't help you with your pitch control problem, which is probably something unique to your system.However, the frozen display happens in any complex FSX aircraft and the quick fix is to press A then Shift-A. Changing the camera away and back resets FSX display, it's a FSXism.

Dan Downs KCRP