Sign in to follow this  
psolk

Got ASA, Go Get ASE for free...

Active Sky Evolution has been released! This next installment in the Active Sky series brings further refinement and accuracy in weather synthesis and depiction, improved smoothing, increased high-fidelity aircraft compatibility, a new graphical look and many other behind-the-scenes improvements to further increase your desktop flight and weather simulation experience!ASE is being offered, for a limited time, as a FREE upgrade for all ASA users. Standard purchase and download price is suggested at $49.95 and is available NOW from participating retailers and the HiFi shop (http://www.hifisim.com/shop).For more information please visit us here: http://www2.hifisim.com/node/1044For download information: http://www2.hifisim.com/node/9We hope that you will enjoy the new features!
Cheers,-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Thanks for the heads-up Paul :-)
My pleasure Andre! It certainly was a surprise to me :)Cheers,-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Can this weekend get any better?ORBX PNW, this and Heavy Rain on PS3!
Yes it can, if you are a GEX user as well :( GEX North America 1.09GEX Europe 1.02Back to topic : tried ASE around my local airport for a short flight and had extremely good weather depiction and turbulence. Great job HIFI !

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

Guest krswen

i assume ASE is compatible with REX? Do you just not use the weather feature of REX?krswen

i assume ASE is compatible with REX? Do you just not use the weather feature of REX?krswen
Correct,My process goes like this as I have not played around with Snapshots in ASA/ASE...Launch ASE and allow it to loadLaunch FSBuildCreate Flight Plan in FSBuildImport Flight Plan into ASE and allow it to processDo not install Snapshot but CancelInstall GE Pro texturesLaunch REXGo to I want to fly a flight planUse real world wxImport FSBuild Flight PlanFill in all fields (aircraft/alternate/airspeed/altitude)Tell Rex to processThen click Install Wx textures from REXOnce done close REXBada Bing Bada Boom you got ASE (ASA), GEPro and REX all playing together like one big happy family :( :( Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Yes it can, if you are a GEX user as well :( GEX North America 1.09GEX Europe 1.02Back to topic : tried ASE around my local airport for a short flight and had extremely good weather depiction and turbulence. Great job HIFI !
Thanks for the GEX info. I'm on that the second it goes live. :(

I dunno if its a placebo effect because its a shiny new program or what, but I just loaded up a flight at the local airport and looked outside (in real life) and they looked exactly the same. ASX and ASA got close, but not like this. :(I wonder if the temperature issues were fixed with ASE? I guess I'll try it out on a flight later.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Love ASE. I see and enjoy the difference. Better airplane movement in more realistic turbulence. Weather is "right on" in my home airport. Good job, HiFi.Thank you for the gift.Stan

Love ASE. I see and enjoy the difference. Better airplane movement in more realistic turbulence. Weather is "right on" in my home airport. Good job, HiFi.Thank you for the gift.Stan
Have to agree even though it might be FS9. Much more accurate weather depiction and implementation of ceilings. No massive barometer or wind shifts yet despite some limited sudden cloud draws. -Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Seems like more advertising.
How is a regular user in no way associated with a developer letting other users know about a new release that snuck out and took us all by surprise advertising?Its not like this is my first post and I just registered and magically came in ranting about some phenomenal add-on no one has ever heard of ;) Was the post about AES 2.06 advertising, or my post about EHAM, or the posts about Manchester? Not everything needs to be so cynical and suspicious, sometime some of us are really just excited and trying to help out fellow simmers -Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Seems like more advertising.
Since it is a FREE upgrade for existing users I would have to say "Can we please have more advertising like this please ??"Although since it wasn't posted by someone at Hi-Fi it isn't !!G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Sorry but that GUI is ugly. Not that it matters that much, but to say they've improved that aspect is a bit silly.