Sign in to follow this  
peppy197

GEX 1.02 improvements?

Maybe I installed it wrong but Ive made a few comparisons of mountains and farm areas in winter and there is basically NO differencesI fail to see anything at all elsewhere tooI checked my version # as 1.02 in the texture loader and loaded both boxed checked .COULD SOMEONE COMMENT ON THIS?

Guest firehawk44
Maybe I installed it wrong but Ive made a few comparisons of mountains and farm areas in winter and there is basically NO differencesI fail to see anything at all elsewhere tooI checked my version # as 1.02 in the texture loader and loaded both boxed checked .COULD SOMEONE COMMENT ON THIS?
According to http://gex.flight1.net/Gex_UsCan/Features.htm I didn't see where they made major modifications of textures other than enhance the textures to assist in rendering clearer visuals and no more bland yellow deserts or flatlands to name a couple. Maybe I'm missing something...Best regards,Jim

According to http://gex.flight1.net/Gex_UsCan/Features.htm I didn't see where they made major modifications of textures other than enhance the textures to assist in rendering clearer visuals and no more bland yellow deserts or flatlands to name a couple. Maybe I'm missing something...Best regards,Jim
That is for 1.09I am referring to GEX for Europe, 1.02, same day releaseConfusions abound...

Guest firehawk44
That is for 1.09I am referring to GEX for Europe, 1.02, same day releaseConfusions abound...
Yes apologize. I would expect the same goes for Europe too but see nothing posted at this time.Jim

Yes apologize. I would expect the same goes for Europe too but see nothing posted at this time.Jim
I suspect the update for Europe was mainly to make textures match or be compatible with the new North American update 1.09Texture changes for Europe are to be done in a further update if I understand correctlyallen

I suspect the update for Europe was mainly to make textures match or be compatible with the new North American update 1.09Texture changes for Europe are to be done in a further update if I understand correctlyallen
Sounds about right as per Nick's comment on Simforums"If you are expectiong a complete design change, you wont find it. We did not replace any tiles, just reworked them due to users asking about a richer winter color"

GEX North America, GEX Europe, UTX Europe all in one day... my modem is smoking! :(

Jim Wenham

GEX North America, GEX Europe, UTX Europe all in one day... my modem is smoking! :(
Mine was shaking!

You need to buy a new modem then :(
Well in my opinion this is a much need improvement. The colours for the UK here in winter were just a very odd washed out pale green. They just didnt seem quite right somehow. Now they look a lot better..

Guest -BeNt-

My modem will probably be smoking soon, PNW, GEX USA/Canada, GEX Europe, and UTX Europe updates. My ISP hates me right now ;)

Nah...they're getting a good $50-$60 from you...and you alone...every month. (ok...maybe your household). I don't think they'll mind LOL. Then I again...i work for the company who's backbone carried the Olympics in hi-def to all the other cable providers...so I have a little different perspective I suppose. :)

My modem will probably be smoking soon, PNW, GEX USA/Canada, GEX Europe, and UTX Europe updates. My ISP hates me right now ;)

I finally did the upgrade. Installation was flawless after uninstalling 1.08 first. The improvement of 1.09 over 1.08 are nothing less than great! They have hit the nail on the head with the desert in my neck of the woods. The Albuquerque, New Mexico desert is picture perfect. And the mountain textures are awesome!

Guest -BeNt-

No they hate me, I'm only paying $20 for internet on a two year contract for a 30/2 connection. They hate me ;) Now if you want to start talking who hate people trying moving a couple Petabytes across an internal network to another cluster, and everyone in the datacenter complaining because everything is slowing down muahaha. Gotta love large databases.

One thing I really like about the GEX USA/Canada update is the toned down rural lights. I always thought that GE in both FS9 and FSX had too many lights for the rural areas especially farmland, but now it's way better and more accurate.