Sign in to follow this  
Guest metamarty

1600x1200, and no going back

After a bit more flying, I've noticed some pretty bad stutters in FS2004 when running at 1600x1200. I currently have 512MB of RAM.Would additional RAM help this, or am I simply running up against the wall of my video card's capabilities (Radeon 9500 Pro). I flew from KTIW (Taacoma Narrows) to KSEA (Sea-tac) which is about 30 miles. Everything was fine, but it started to stutter pretty badly on approach.

Guest metamarty

I also have bad stutters, but they disappeared when I:- Put the cloud coverage to medium- Adjusted the frame rate limiter to 25 FPS.Strangely enough, higher framerates trigger stutters, and higher cloud coverages are also unflyable.

when i go to desktop to change the setting i cant get 1200 x 1600, help!

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Guest jabberthecat

>>AFAIK however if you are running the desktop at less than>1600x1200 then FS will reflect that lower res even though you>have edited the FS config file and you will need to reset to>1600x1200 each time you run FS.>Vulcan,I remember that problem in FS2002, but I am not seeing it in COF.I have my desktop at 1028x768 and FS2004 at 16x12 and the COF resolution is being preserved - both in the cfg file and in the display settings when I fire COF up again. Did you notice that?- Myles

Guest RSmith

Have to admit, I am a little confused regarding resolutions.Using the 1600x1200x32, a resolution I saw in an AVSIM post "ATI 9700", few days ago. This resolution works great - for me. The resolution setting is being adjusted as saved by FS - each time I start up COF. My default, desktop setting is 1024x768x32, and the resolution changes to that setting as I exit out of FS, to my other applications.I'm using an 18" TTX Model BM19HS monitor, with a 9700Pro running the ATI 6.14.1.6307 drivers. P42.8 on a P4PE. 1meg PC2700 DDR SDRam.Guess I'm confused about above comments regarding system unable to display resolutions great than base settings....... seems it works on my mid-range system... ?Ron