Sign in to follow this  
jgoggi

FS9 Out Of Memory with Win 7-64!

Hi,I fly FS9 (9.1) with Windows 7 - 64 bit and LevelD 767. I notice that after some time flying my computer memory increases from the initial 500-600 Mb to over 1 Gb. When it reaches about 1.6 Gb FS crashes, with the out of memory error message.Three things I can't understand:1. Why doesn't FS9 flush the memory over time but keeps adding and adding, so that the used ram increases more and more?2 (most important). I have 6 Gb of Ram and when FS crashes there are still 2-3 Gb of free Ram. Why does it crash, then???? I read of people getting OOM crashes when FS reaches 3 Gb, not 1.6! Why should it crash when there is still that amount of free memory? (It's really FREE memory, as I can read on the performance window after pressing CTRL-ALT+CANC).3. I read everywhere that the 64 bit system is the solution in order to not have OOMs. Why doesn't that happen in my computer??Thank you!James

James Goggi

Hi,I fly FS9 (9.1) with Windows 7 - 64 bit and LevelD 767. I notice that after some time flying my computer memory increases from the initial 500-600 Mb to over 1 Gb. When it reaches about 1.6 Gb FS crashes, with the out of memory error message.Three things I can't understand:1. Why doesn't FS9 flush the memory over time but keeps adding and adding, so that the used ram increases more and more?2 (most important). I have 6 Gb of Ram and when FS crashes there are still 2-3 Gb of free Ram. Why does it crash, then???? I read of people getting OOM crashes when FS reaches 3 Gb, not 1.6! Why should it crash when there is still that amount of free memory? (It's really FREE memory, as I can read on the performance window after pressing CTRL-ALT+CANC).3. I read everywhere that the 64 bit system is the solution in order to not have OOMs. Why doesn't that happen in my computer??Thank you!James
Hello1: You possibly have an empty texture folder somewhere - a landclass file referencing a missing texture - a bad/missing texture on an Ai aircraft2-3 : Have you patched your FS9.exe to be >2GB aware, you will need to do this in order to take advantage of your 64bit system

No, I did not. What should I do?Thank you!

James Goggi

Thank you vey much! Tonight I will try at home.Thanks for your help.James

James Goggi

Guest deltaflight
Thank you vey much! Tonight I will try at home.Thanks for your help.James
Hi James, Recently out of know where I am having the same problem. Only thing I've added is REX 2004. While I dont think it is REX, its almost every flight and I am at a loss.Mitch

Hi Mitch, I installed REX too, about 2 months ago, and I was thinking that REX could be the culprit, too. I never had OOMs before. Have you tried the patch for >2GB suggested by mad dog? I am at work now, tonight will try at home, at least if it works FS should be able to reach more than 2Gb without crashes. But I strongly suspect that REX might be responsible for this constant increase in used memory, or at least might give a big contribution.James

James Goggi