Sign in to follow this  
calypso

From joy to disaster - Help!

Sorry about the dramatic title.I only got FS9 yesterday and I spent a enjoyable three hours putting it through its paces flying the default aircraft. Most impressed I must say.Ok, now the bad news.Having found my way round the simulator and set up the configuration to suite my hardware, I decided to try installing one of my favorite add-on aircraft, namely AFG's NAMC YS-11.All went well and I was delighted to see the aircraft and panel come up without any problem.After a while though, I had my first hard crash (requires PC restart).The crashes became more frequent so I removed the YS-11.The crashes continued and I decided to re-install FS9.Having uninstalled the program completely using the uninstall file in FS9, I then defragged my disk and installed a fresh version with no add-ons.This is when (at 3 in the morning) I started to pull my few remaing hairs out!When I try to run the program, I get a message saying YS-11 could not be found, closing program. The program then closes down.I looked in the registry...no mention of YS-11.FS9.cfg also includes no reference to the YS-11.How the heck is the programme still remembering, and trying to load the YS-11??? Beats me.Grateful for any ideas.

John

Guest jcomm

Poor fellow... the things MS does to us poor flightsimmers...Don't worry! You'll have to reinstall fs9 and make sure you erase the cfg and flights info underC:WINDOWSApplication DataMicrosoftFS9As a matter of fact, you should erase that directory after unistalleing fs9. Then erase your fs9 root dir, and install again...Well... hope this helps!

Thanks for that.It's just what I needed.Got the program running by re-installing YS-11.Why did MS change the file structure I wonder.Makes life interesting I suppose.:-hah Ta very much.

John