Sign in to follow this  
Guest jwlaurie

Gauges for RD-4 and B-25

Guest jwlaurie

I have the CD's for RD-4 DC-3 and the Mitchell B-25 but they won't install in my new PC using FS9 and Win 7 O/S. Everything installs OK except for the gauges and the sound.dll's. The gauges cannot be seen just empty holes. I still have my old PC running in parrallel to the new one and even tried a straight transfer of files from the program in the old via my back up drive into the new one but still no gauges.as a side bar I should add that the RD-4 installed once but had no gauges showing and now it won't load at all. (shows it as being loaded but cannot be found anywhere on the system) I have it installed now as above by direct copy and paste but no gauges still. The B-25 says it installed itself but can't be found either.I really miss having my MAAM aircraft and would appreciate any advice I could get re solving this problem.Thanks, :( Jeff

Jeff,Ok, I seen you have Win7 64bit.Does your new Win7 run MSFS ok with default aircraft.Just to verify the Win7 PC also has the FS9 V9.1 update installed?Did you install MSFS to the "Programs" directory or (better choice) to C:\FS9 e.g. .. otherwise there could be permission problems writing to the "Programs" folder.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

This is the only answer???

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest Jimo

Hey there, you shouldn't have these probems, but, you do. I have Win7- 64 and am running FS9 and FSX and they both work fine as well as the MAAM DC3/R4D aircraft. Windows 7 still runs the VISTA engine, but they redid the rest. There are two program file folders, PRogram Files and Program Files (x86). ALL USER PROGRAMS SHOULD BE INSTALLED TO THE (86) DIRECTORY. Follow your normal install of FS9 and also apply the update. CAUTION - BEFORE INSTALLING. You should right click on the setup.exe on and click on properties, then compatability tab, then check run as administrator (so others can use it), also compatability you can check and set at Windows XP SP3. Then run setup.exe. Same for the MAAM aircraft. Make sure you use this process. Also right click on FS9.exe after it installs and make sure the you check the compatability box to run as administrator. Windows 7 may have issue with programs if for some reason this isn't checked.When installing the MAAM R4D is moved the default DC-3 out of the A/C directory to my back up hard disk so it wouldn't interfere, don't know if it was necessary. Make sure that the gauges files went to the gauge folder, etc. for all folders. All should work fine from here. I also run all the XP scenery software that I have for FS9 on this machine also. Good luck hope this helps. I have the New I-7 processor with Win 7 Home premium ATI 4670 video and plenty of ram. I also loaded the MAAM R4D in FSX and got it working. Jim O

There are two program file folders, PRogram Files and Program Files (x86). ALL USER PROGRAMS SHOULD BE INSTALLED TO THE (86) DIRECTORY. Jim O
Disreguard the above statement, it is not necessary to install anything in these folders. On my setup I have a 500 gig HDD that has a 50 gig Windows partition and the rest dedicated to various programs like Photoshop, Radar Contact and various FS Utilities. I also have a second 640 gig HDD dedicated to games and some storage, FSX is set up on this drive away from the uber secure Windows 7 64 bit C: drive. Having FSX on a separate drive is the preferred method of installing the sim. If you don't have a second drive then partition your HDD and set up FSX on your second partition, even installing outside these folders on the C: drive subjects them to admistrative security warnings. Also, avoid using the folder names "Program Files" and "Program Files (x86)" when installing to these separate drives. Almost every tweak guide you read confirms this, google NickN's FSX Tweak guide for more tips.Also, there's no need for the compatibility setting. As long as you run everything as an administrator on all drives, you shouldn't have any issues.