Sign in to follow this  
Ramjett

Numbering Jetways

I have been using EZ Scenery by Abacus to make some sorely needed changes to a few default airports in FS9, ACOF. Especially in the area of adding Jetways to the default terminal building(s). One in particular is the terminal at Tulsa, Oklahoma. I have the correct number of jetways added, but can't seem to find in the vast libraries ones that come with correct numbering. Several of the jetways come with existing numbers, but do not identify it as a concourse A, B, C, etc jetway. As a partial fix, I took (gate A24 for example) an alphanumeric "A" and placed it on top of the jetway numbered "24". However functional, the result looks "tacky" at best. Is there a way within EZ Scenery or similar scenery design programs to create a jetway number "A24". Please note, I am a very, very novice scenery designed. I have created one airport from scratch, but that was easy...it was a small private strip i know to exist in Idaho that wasn't in the default airports. I have also "modified" the muni where I live to more closely match it's RW counterpart. Both these actions were simple matters using EZ Scenery because there were no numbers on buildings to "create"

I have been using EZ Scenery by Abacus to make some sorely needed changes to a few default airports in FS9, ACOF. Especially in the area of adding Jetways to the default terminal building(s). One in particular is the terminal at Tulsa, Oklahoma. I have the correct number of jetways added, but can't seem to find in the vast libraries ones that come with correct numbering. Several of the jetways come with existing numbers, but do not identify it as a concourse A, B, C, etc jetway. As a partial fix, I took (gate A24 for example) an alphanumeric "A" and placed it on top of the jetway numbered "24". However functional, the result looks "tacky" at best. Is there a way within EZ Scenery or similar scenery design programs to create a jetway number "A24". Please note, I am a very, very novice scenery designed. I have created one airport from scratch, but that was easy...it was a small private strip i know to exist in Idaho that wasn't in the default airports. I have also "modified" the muni where I live to more closely match it's RW counterpart. Both these actions were simple matters using EZ Scenery because there were no numbers on buildings to "create"
Have you checked this one: ??http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Search...t&Go=SearchI have used it on several projects - perhaps it might do the job for you.

Thanks for the speedy reply David. Those libraries are what I was using to add the "A" above the numbered gates in the library, but lining them up was difficult using the C-172 default. I have since downloaded the Finney Crosshair Plus and find using it much easier.Still, adding 5 items per gate (Jetway, A, 2, 4, and aircraft outline on tarmac) can get somewhat intense on a large default airport. Not so bad on Tulsa, but...Thanks again.

Thanks for the speedy reply David. Those libraries are what I was using to add the "A" above the numbered gates in the library, but lining them up was difficult using the C-172 default. I have since downloaded the Finney Crosshair Plus and find using it much easier.Still, adding 5 items per gate (Jetway, A, 2, 4, and aircraft outline on tarmac) can get somewhat intense on a large default airport. Not so bad on Tulsa, but...Thanks again.
Croshairs is an excellent tool - but if you do much "placement" you should also get this gauge which Jim Robinson created to go with it:http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Search...t&Go=SearchI find it invaluable.

Once again, David, Thank You :( I just finished downloading it and will begin using it first thing tomorrow