Sign in to follow this  
marts747

RTM in PFD

Hi. I was just wondering what the RTM message means in the PFD where the ILS ident and dme would show. It has happened to me a few times after tuning an ILS but being out of range. Once within range of the ILS I get the normal ILS indications.I've searched the manuals for 'rtm' but found nothing and I've quickly searched this forum but found nothing.Anyone tell me the answer????Martin.

Martin Stacey.

Can you post a screenshot, I've been flying this aircraft since it came out and have no recolection of seeing RTM. I have also just Autosearched 3160 pages of a Fedex FCOM and it's not brought up anything.

Rob Prest

Just as an aside, you can programme the approach and runway in the FMS, and the ILS frequency autotunes. The systems activate the ILS deviation indicators as soon as you are in range.Sorry I cannot give you a more accurate answer to the RTM... I only know of Read The Manual, but I don't think somehow that that is going to be the answer... :(Andrew

I'll try and post a screenshot when I'm next in the MD11, could be a few day's.Martin.

Martin Stacey.

RTM = Return to Manufacturer? Haha, just kidding :(I did a search of all the manuals and RTM only finds "Compartment".

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

RTM = Return to Manufacturer? Haha, just kidding :(I did a search of all the manuals and RTM only finds "Compartment".
Haha I kept finding 'department'! I think instead of T/O config warnings Aircraft should have RTFM flash on the PFD :(

Rob Prest

Ok. managed to get a quick screenshot. I was tuned to EGSS RW04 110.50 and about 75NM away. The number (distance??) counts down as I approach EGSS but then counts up again until the ILS is within range and tunes correctly.AHHH, silly me. I've just found out what it is! Rotterdam VOR (RTM) has the same frequency, 110.50, and was obviously tuned to that.Sorry to have wasted your time.Martin.

Martin Stacey.

Case solved! But the best thing to do is let the FMC Autotune the ILSRegards

Rob Prest

Case solved! But the best thing to do is let the FMC Autotune the ILSRegards
Unless, the NAV-database has another ILS-freq than FS itself. (Happened to me in Fortaleze, SBFZ).Since then I always check the FS-ILS frequency against the FMC. (Good we have Afcad!!)Regards,Wijnand (EHBK)

Unless, the NAV-database has another ILS-freq than FS itself. (Happened to me in Fortaleze, SBFZ).Since then I always check the FS-ILS frequency against the FMC. (Good we have Afcad!!)Regards,Wijnand (EHBK)
I have noticed that a few times over the past year, EDDF have changed there ILS freq, MD11 tuned the correct new freq but my scenery was still on the old freq (Should have checked the Vatsim Notams) Dubai is another one.The worst problem I had was flying into a Airport in Mexico at night in CATIII conditions, MD11 again tuned the correct freq but I had no way of knowing the old one, no ATC online to ask so ended up having to divert. BA Virtual have a sticky regarding Airports to look out for.

Rob Prest