Sign in to follow this  

A few 2004 Questions

Howdy all you 2004 early birds ;-)A couple questions for ya:#1 Is it possible to use FS Navigator with 2004? No I haven't tried yet, just curious if anyone out there had it working.#2 Have any of you changed the "Extended terrain texture factor=1" to a 3 or 4? Not sure if I got the exact name right there, but in 2002 it was set at 1 as a default as well as it is in 2004. I tried changing it then everytime I tried starting 2004 I'd get to the splash screen then it would just shut down. I also added some planes at the same time, so not sure what caused it. I then went to "Start/Programs/Microsoft Games/FS9/restore defaults and it started back up fine again?Just curious if any of you have made config changes successfully?thanks!

Guest CargoMun

.. what 3 replies? :D (grrrrrr)

Guest CargoMun

1: FSNavigator currently doesnt work with 2004. It will within a few weeks according to their website, they are hard at work for an update patch to make it compatible :)You're second question I'd like to know also. Although I think the Extended terrain factor defaults at 0 in this version - cant remember since ive changed it to =3 some days ago.If you get errors after editing the cfg file you can always just move it out of fs9 folder then fire up the sim again and it will rebuild a default one clean :)

LOL ;-) Did I just read that reply 3 times or is it my eyes ;-)Thanks for the info, I always forget about removing the cfg file and have it regenerated. thanks!