Sign in to follow this  
Francois_Dumas

LCD Screen???

Hello,I have a qeustion about an LCD screen. I know the screen consist off all litle Dot's wich make the image, but I was wondering what the quality is off that image. I mean in the Flight Sim. Are the textures sharp?? Or could you see all little dots??I've read the post in another forum and it says:"My point is ...LCD is not suitable for games ! (at the moment that is, is it going to change ? !)

Hoi Stefan,TFT schermen zijn doorgaans niet erg geschikt voor 'spellen'. Werkt prima voor business software, maar niet voor grafische toepassingen, speciaal niet als het beeld beweegt.Ik heb een notebook met een prachtig TFT scherm (LCD is trouwens wat anders, ouder), prachtig scherm voor mijn Word, Excel en zelfs PoerPoint, maar absoluut lelijk als je er spellen op draait. Het systeem is gewoon te langzaam in vergelijking met een goede monitor.Advies: voor hetzelfde geld kun je waarschijnlijk een 19" monitor krijgen.... doe dat maar ;-)Groetjes uit Hoorn, :-outta Francois :-wave[table border=0 cellpadding=10 cellspacing=0][tr][td valign=bottom" align="center]"At home in the wild"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:avsim.com/alaska/alaska_051.htm|Don's Alaskan Bush Charters]"Beavers Lead the Way"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:www.avsim.com/vfr_center/mainpages/vfr_flights_main_page.htm]VFR Flight Center]"Looking Good Outside"[/td][/tr][tr][td valign=top" align="center]http://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif[/td][td valign="top" align="left" colspan=2]http://www.fssupport.com/images/moose2.gif[/td][tr][/table]________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online![/bemail: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

Guest mikehaska

I have to say that most newer screens can display resolutions of 1024x782 very well, so you won't have a problem in that respect.What you will experience with an LCD is a smearing or bluuring of moving images. It isn't too bad unless the object is moving fast, but it will be noticiableA benefit to an LCD is the lack of a refresh rate, which is easy on the eyes, it takes up less space on the desk, so you have room for a yoke/throttle, and look really cool! :-cool

I have a Sony MultiSync LCD1503V and its the best monitor ive ever had! :-hah

Its a 50,000 Dollar GMC Yukon Denali Francois! :-hah I been saving for years for the Fine piece of metal and rubber! :-lol I run my Monitor at 1024x768 pixels.

I believe you.... pity we cannot get anything that size into our country.... :-lol :-lol I have a friend with a Suburban in Aurora, IL, and he let me drive this thing once in a while... awesome !! :-)As for the resolution... what does 1152 or higher do with your FS? Just curious, mind you ;-) :-outta Francois :-wave[table border=0 cellpadding=10 cellspacing=0][tr][td valign=bottom" align="center]"At home in the wild"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:avsim.com/alaska/alaska_051.htm|Don's Alaskan Bush Charters]"Beavers Lead the Way"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:www.avsim.com/vfr_center/mainpages/vfr_flights_main_page.htm]VFR Flight Center]"Looking Good Outside"[/td][/tr][tr][td valign=top" align="center]http://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif[/td][td valign="top" align="left" colspan=2]http://www.fssupport.com/images/moose2.gif[/td][tr][/table]________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online![/bemail: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

Hoi!Bedank voor je andwoord! Ik zou er dus nog ff heeeel goed over moeten nadenken!Heb het ff opgezocht, en die dell scherm had een refresh rate van "50"Niet al te best dus....The Dell screen has an refresh rate of 50... So I think that will cause blurring :(GJ:I've searched for your screen, and it looks a nice one to me!!! One of the first Game LCD's :) Groeten uit Schellinkhout ;)SPL

Guest Lizardo

And so we go from screens to vehicles, haha. Someday I will understand this. :) Back to screens though for a moment......What is the opinion about new digital tv?..specifically will they be good enough to be a computer screen? The thought of a BIG screen (measured in FEET) with computer seems "heavenly"....or won't they do the job?

Interesting question... I don't know... really depends on the refresh rate and the way the screen is built up I guess. For now I prefer a good projector... but that too gives a fuzzy image...Schellinkhout !!?? Imagine that. We discuss on a US forum and live less than 6 km's from each other :-lol :-lol :-outta Francois :-wave[table border=0 cellpadding=10 cellspacing=0][tr][td valign=bottom" align="center]"At home in the wild"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:avsim.com/alaska/alaska_051.htm|Don's Alaskan Bush Charters]"Beavers Lead the Way"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:www.avsim.com/vfr_center/mainpages/vfr_flights_main_page.htm]VFR Flight Center]"Looking Good Outside"[/td][/tr][tr][td valign=top" align="center]http://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif[/td][td valign="top" align="left" colspan=2]http://www.fssupport.com/images/moose2.gif[/td][tr][/table]________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online![/bemail: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

Hey Francois, I dont even have an Option for 1152 on my PC.. :-hmmmBTW, that post up there was my 200th post! :-hah :-hah

Strange, I have 1152 x 864, then 1200 x whatever etc.I guess it depends on your graphics card (and driver) and your monitor whether you get to pick higher resolutions or not.The real nice screenshots are made by people running 1600 x 1200 resolution !! Try that on an TFT screen ;-) :-outta Francois :-wave[table border=0 cellpadding=10 cellspacing=0][tr][td valign=bottom" align="center]"At home in the wild"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:avsim.com/alaska/alaska_051.htm|Don's Alaskan Bush Charters]"Beavers Lead the Way"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:www.avsim.com/vfr_center/mainpages/vfr_flights_main_page.htm]VFR Flight Center]"Looking Good Outside"[/td][/tr][tr][td valign=top" align="center]http://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif[/td][td valign="top" align="left" colspan=2]http://www.fssupport.com/images/moose2.gif[/td][tr][/table]________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online![/bemail: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog