Sign in to follow this  
Pumpie1

Speed Brake Armed

Hello and greeting all, thanks for enteringI would like to ask you to question about the 737ng arming...1) As i approach to the destination, i arm the speed brake as required. The green light apears but still, the brakes doesnt open on the touch.Is this known problem?do you have any solution?2)I searched in the FSUIPC, the 737NG keys and in the simulator command and still, couldnt find how can i arm the speed brakes using the controler or the keyboard.. further more, SHIFT+/ didnt work :S Is there any other way to arm it?Thank you very much for helping and have a great day! :(

Please sign your full name to posts in this forum.You mean spoilers? If they are not deploying when you go into reverse thrust then maybe there is noise coming from your game controller and an increase in the null zone might help.I think you have to arm them using the mouse in the throttle quadrant window. At least that is the way I've done it for years. Let me know if there is an easier way.

Dan Downs KCRP

Please sign your full name to posts in this forum.You mean spoilers? If they are not deploying when you go into reverse thrust then maybe there is noise coming from your game controller and an increase in the null zone might help.I think you have to arm them using the mouse in the throttle quadrant window. At least that is the way I've done it for years. Let me know if there is an easier way.
I know this way and i already use it..but as i wrote, i am looking for way which will let me arm it by the controler or keyboard. The reason is my try to build Spoilers Levers..I will wait for more replys, thank you!Ori Ohevia

I know this way and i already use it..but as i wrote, i am looking for way which will let me arm it by the controler or keyboard. The reason is my try to build Spoilers Levers..I will wait for more replys, thank you!Ori Ohevia
Regarding number 2: Its been a long time since this has been discussed, but I seem to remember that at touchdown you need to make sure your throttle is at idle for the speed brakes to deploy. I believe this is one things Dan was getting at when he suggested that there could be noise in one of your controllers. There is some peculiarities with arming the auto brakes for deployment on landing. I am not sure there is any way to arm them properly without using the mouse. I have successfully mapped a controller lever to deploying and retracting the air brakes in flight, but I don't use it to arm for auto deployment.

thank you, you help me very much. next time i will make sure the throtle is on idle position.About the arming..i have no choice but to deal with that:\i will leave it for now and will pay my attention to flaps leved:Dand here comes another questioncan i set different key for every flaps position?i mean:Pressing D for flaps 1Pressing F for flaps 2Pressong G for flaps 15et cetera

I don't think you can, what is wrong with the existing flap incre or flap decre, each click moves the flap one position? Press it three times for flaps 5.

Dan Downs KCRP

FSUIPC has controls for Flaps upFlaps 1 (1 in the 737)Flaps 2 (2)Flaps 3 (5)Flaps down (40)but no option for 10, 15, 25 or 30Maybe can be done with a LUA script. Still haven't tried it

Dan, as said, i am doing my best to leave the keyboard and use USB drivers only..I already build a throtle, gear lever and rever truster..my next step is flaps handle..Since i dont want to make it with axis i want to set different button for each flaps position. therefore came my question..Dario, what is LUA?i never heared about it..would you please explain?Thank you for helping!by the way you should excuse me english:)

LUA is an scripting language that allows to program the way an input is effecting the plane controls by combining instructions.Truth is I still don't know too much about it, but I've dealt with scripting languages in the past, and I will definitely try it soon.I need to know how LUA interfaces with FSUIPC and the plane's variables (given that there's no SDK for the 737 there might be some limitations to read values)So for the Flaps, a rough draft of what a script controling them would have to do would be something like this, I guess:If you want to set flaps X, and you can read the current flaps, get the difference and aplly incr/decr as needed.You can find some LUA documentation in your modules directory (pdf files)

Well, since i have no knowledge about scripting, it means nothing for meIf you do it, please let me know;)till then i will look for something elsethank you very much!!you helped alot

Well, since i have no knowledge about scripting, it means nothing for meIf you do it, please let me know;)till then i will look for something elsethank you very much!!you helped alot
I have switches on my yoke and throttle quad mapped. Up click bring the flaps up a notch and down click brings them down a notch. This way it works for all aircraft. :(

Ok Ori, you don't even need LUA at allthis is an example for flaps 1 in FSUIPC:choose the button/key you want to map to flaps 1 in "Control set when key/button pressed" choose "Offset Word Set"Offset = x0BDCParameter = x07D0the complete list of parameter values is (always select Control set when key/button pressed = Offset Word Set and Offset = x0BDC):FLAPS UP: x0000FLAPS 1 : x07D0FLAPS 2 : x1388FLAPS 5 : x1B58FLAPS 10: x1F40FLAPS 15: x2710FLAPS 25: x32C8FLAPS 30: x3A98FLAPS 40: x4268Hope that helps

Ok Ori, you don't even need LUA at allthis is an example for flaps 1 in FSUIPC:choose the button/key you want to map to flaps 1 in "Control set when key/button pressed" choose "Offset Word Set"Offset = x0BDCParameter = x07D0the complete list of parameter values is (always select Control set when key/button pressed = Offset Word Set and Offset = x0BDC):FLAPS UP: x0000FLAPS 1 : x07D0FLAPS 2 : x1388FLAPS 5 : x1B58FLAPS 10: x1F40FLAPS 15: x2710FLAPS 25: x32C8FLAPS 30: x3A98FLAPS 40: x4268Hope that helps
Checking...i wish it will work!

IT WORKS!!!you are great!my dreaman! Thank you very much!!!Is it possible to arm the spoilers via this way?Again, THANKS!

Glad to help mate :)I'll try the spoilers thing and will get back to you