Sign in to follow this  
Guest ba747heavy

Do yourselfs a favor...

...and don't limit the FPS!!! I'm having INSANE FPS (60+)!!! with ANY weather theme!!!!!! :-eek :-jumpy MUCH MUCH MUCH BETTER THAT FS2002 AND SMOOOOOOOTH...AI=0extreme sceneryextreme autogenterrain and water detail texture offefects offclowds 2d onlymax texture sizemip=81280*960*32mesh=100%ASUS A7V266-E (Raid)ATHLON XP 1700+@15401GB DDR 333MhzNVIDIA Gforce4 ti4200 128DDR clock@300 memory @530and a hell of a lot more..Santos(LPAV)

Humm... not here with a higher end system... Did you fly into a major city? I'm finding the cities to be harder on my frame rates than anything. Also join a multiplayer session. I did yesterday and in and around KSEA my frames were hovering around 8 to 10 per second with a P4 2.4G 768 PC2700DDR and a Radeon 9800 Pro....

Guest CargoMun

Well with clouds at 2D (unless you mean 3D) its no big surprise. How much with the nice new clouds? :)It might be becos ive gotten used to the cloudsets from FS Skyworld but I think the flat non-3D clouds in fs2004 looks about same as fs2000 style.

The test was made whithout add ons, just the complete setup of fs2004 in the cessna 172 at dusk in KBOS KMIA LFPG EGLL EHAM and changing the weather themes, all of them, to see the inpact of fps. At night the fps go down a litle staying at about 40 fps, at day time the go up to the original 60+ fps and at dusk overflying the airport gates they stay at 45-50 fps. This is what i call insane FPS... ;)fs2004 was the only aplication runing ( no antivirus......) and my system is full optimized. my previous experience with fs2002 in about the same conditions was about 25-30 fps lowering to 20 steady with 3rd party addons. Yes I've said 2D clowds! ;)Ps: IF anyone cares or wants a proof I can Send screen shoots ;)Santos(LPAV)

2d clouds? ish ;-) I'll take my 20 frames/sec with 3d ;-)

Guest ba747heavy

>2d clouds? ish ;-) I'll take my 20 frames/sec with 3d ;-)Doooh,I am inclined to agree with that :)