Sign in to follow this  
FlyinMisfit

OK my one complaint ;-)

The water is just waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to unrealistic looking. I mean come on, the Potomac river water doesn't look like the carribean water LOL ;-)Other than that I love the new sim ;-)

I'm amazed that there have been so few posts along these lines. Whoever came up with this colour scheme was clearly on halucinegenic drugs of some sort. The water looks rediculously cartoony, even for the Caribbean. I wouldn't mind betting that new water textures will be among the first add-ons available.Mind you, knowing how the whole FS freeware/payware thing has gone down the toilet over the last couple of years, I would also expect to be charged $40.00 for the textures, and have to sign away the life of my first-born as insurance against piracy.

Yes I would have to agree...when over lakes or the ocean I'm seeing colors that look like background lights for the Grateful Dead concerts I used to go to on a regular basis in years back! I frankly thought the FS2002 water textures were much better and more realistic looking. Also, some of the reflective textures from bodies of water look almost "FLY" like, and while that sim had a lot of neat characteristics, that wasn't one of them.Hopefully someone will quickly develop some new ocean and water textures and won't try and ask us to pay for them. Suspect we'll see those fairly quickly...regards,

Also agreeing with you. Furthermore, the waters around the UK have a slightly green(ish) tint to them, exactly as those featured in the UK VRF Scenery complelations. They we truly superb but not too keep on the new water. [strong]Adam Nardone[/strong] Web & Graphic Design www.ion-media.net [/p]

EDIT: Sorry, double posted.[strong]Adam Nardone[/strong] Web & Graphic Design www.ion-media.net [/p]

i pretty much agree as well. imho the textures are better. but the color is waaaaay off for US lakes and "some" other bodies of water. happy flyin, fm