Sign in to follow this  
Guest CargoMun

How to descend with FFX DC10?

I really like the looks of the new FFX DC10, but I'm having difficulties with the flight dynamics. Besides a pretty unrealistic 5

Guest CargoMun

I'd like to know as well :D It cruises really wierd around FL350 nose too high up in my mind.Also I'd really like to know what the flapspeed are when landing. I tend to end up nosediving towards the runway barely able to flare before landing...

How do you land our DC10? Lots of practice! :-lol :DSeriously though, part of that is true, BUT I do have a new set of updated FDE's I've been working on for a week now and in the beta testing stages now. Waiting for feedback from everyone. The new dynamics fixes a lot of issues.So be patient, practice some more, remember that different panels give different results and I'll let everyone know when the new FDE's are done.Mikehttp://sgair.net/mike/mike/mike_small.jpg

DC-10 is a hell of a bird to land manually, mainly because of that huge engine sitting on the tail which weighs it down. Ever seen the flaps fully down? Just by seeing that you will know it's a beast to land :-DThere are however some unusual effects with the FFX DC-10 but apparently it's being worked out :)

I do have the same remarks as well. But I guess it

Guest dfreed

While Mike et al work on the new FDE, try the folowing replacements to the flaps and flight tuning sections in the aircraft.cfg file. Always back up the original file first and if you don't know what your doing, DO NOT attempt these changes.Note: replace the <> brackets with the square ones. cruise_lift_scalar= 1.10parasite_drag_scalar= 1.20induced_drag_scalar= 1.10elevator_effectiveness= 1.55aileron_effectiveness= 1.00rudder_effectiveness= 1.00pitch_stability= 1.20roll_stability= 1.20yaw_stability= 1.00elevator_trim_effectiveness= 1.20aileron_trim_effectiveness= 1.00rudder_trim_effectiveness= 1.00type= 1span-outboard= 0.800extending-time= 15.000damaging-speed= 280blowout-speed= 300lift_scalar= 0.550drag_scalar= 1.250pitch_scalar= 0.300system_type= 1flaps-position.0= 0.000flaps-position.1= 5.000flaps-position.2=15.000flaps-position.3=22.000flaps-position.4=35.000flaps-position.5=50.000type= 2span-outboard= 0.990extending-time= 5.000damaging-speed= 280blowout-speed= 300lift_scalar= 0.550drag_scalar= 0.950pitch_scalar= 0.100system_type= 1flaps-position.0= 0.000flaps-position.1= 5.000flaps-position.2=15.000flaps-position.3=22.000flaps-position.4=35.000Landing speed should be targeted for 148 KIAS at flaps 50. Hope this helps.Later, Dave

I'm looking forward to Mike's updated FDE - enjoying the superb exterior model in the meantime!

Guest CargoMun

Thanks for the reply, Mike. Looking forward to the updated FDE. Its still a great bird in the skies no matter what :)