Sign in to follow this  
Guest B1900 Mech

Attn Pilots: Rudders...Unsafe at any speed!

Hi Braun,That's unreal! But, unfortunately, believable. When you understand the forces at work that dictate which way the FAA will go.Bruce (private pilot).

Guest mikehaska

I can make a webpage saying that hair is our antenna to God, and by getting it cut, we are all going to hell.Just because it's on the web doesn't mean it's true.In the same stream, for you to show this webpage as proof is also foolish, possibly dangerous if a pilot took it's advice.In any case, if you tried to use this source in a thesis or paper, you would get a large F with the phrase "Inappropriate sources" written on top. For this to be mildly believable, I would like to see aerodynamics engineers, aircraft engineers, and test pilots to back this up.All I see is someone talking out of their #####.

What's your point Mike? I was not trying to "prove" anything. I posted the link so others could see it and form their own opinions. As to the source, in my experience, the TWA800 site strives to be factual. They are a site for Aviation Professionals, run by Aviation Professionals.FWIW, my take on the Boeing bulletin is this:Hogwash, pure and simple. Which of course was the point of the author of the article, in case that point was lost on you.Oh...and based on your comments it would appear that you never even took the time to read the article, since the author seems to agree with you completely. You might want to check behind you to see where that voice is coming from? :)Cheers,bt

Guest B1900 Mech

"You might want to check behind you to see where that voice is coming from" I like that :) You know what they say, "Kill The Messenger!" When I see shrill denouncations of this type of information that is coming from professionals in the field with no ax to grind other than making aviation safer for our loved ones it makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck! When I think back to around 1 PM today when I was at the gate fixing a Saab 340 and I looked at all the Little children and adults sitting on that Aircraft watching me with wide inquiring eyes, It kind of makes me sick in my stomach at how little a human life is worth these days. Just a rant from a A&P Mechanic.

Guest B1900 Mech
http://hometown.aol.com/bardonia/eyewitn.htm Scroll down to the text of the radio communications between Boston Center, Pakistan Flight PIA 712, TWA 884 and 1504 FLL in the vicinity of Long Island, New York on November 16, 1996. I never heard this in the main stream media! It looks like somebody was doing some leasurly gunning for airliners, and missed! Like the captain said, firecrackers don't go to 16,000 feet!