Sign in to follow this  

Undocking panel windows, multimon?

Guest nramsey

Haven't flown FS2002 for a while now, so I forgot how I used to do this. I just got FS2004 last night and can't figure out how to undock panel views (such as GPS) so that I can move them to my second monitor. The "Undock" option when I right click the GPS is grayed out. Do I have to undock the main view too? Only way I could get the window to the second monitor was to uncheck "full screen" on the main window, then move the GPS to the second monitor, then set it back to full screen. Kinda a pain. Thoughts?Thanks :)BTW, I love the new planes and weather affects of FS2004. The runway signs are a BIG help in realism/immersion as well. I had the taxiway signs addons for FS2002 but since they only covered the major airports there was something missing flying into the smaller municiple airports...Nate

Guest wkzzo

The only problem with this is that when you go back to full screen sometimes some of the windows close, this also happens with fs2002 with some panels, but at least you can undock in full screen mode,to avoid this. This is a big dissapointment to me running 3 monitors flawelessly in fs2002, I hope its something that can be fixed in a config file or hopefully someone will figure out why its doing this or I will be going back to fs2002 regardless of how good fs2004 looks.

Also a problem with full>window>undock>full is that the other monitors behave chaoticly, windows and some panels dissapear.Also sometimes when i switch from full to window my screen turns black and i need to restart fs9Using fs9 window mode is certainly no option because i get 2 fps. Except when i wait a bit then i get 30, when i move mouse back to 2fps.I tried this under drivers 3.4, 3.5, 3.6 and now 3.6 omega no changeAMD1800+MSI K7T266A512MB PC2100 DDRRADEON 9700 PRO3.6 OMEGA driversXP PRO