Sign in to follow this  
Guest WorkingStiff

Bored with default AI FS2004 traffic...replace it!

Guest Joshieca

Ok, here is what you do in nutshell if you are bored with the Landmark, Soar, etc, default airlines...Until we wait for Traffic Tools for FS2004 and if you don't want to loose the default flights to non-towered airports by using your old FS02 traffic file...you can use the default traffic.bgl file from FS2004 and just change the title names to make them work....let me explain further.Basically all you need to do is copy the "title=" name from the default aircraft to your AI aircraft and then change the name of the default aircraft.Note: the ( ) symbols are not these...only for this site...they should be brackets...Things you will need:FS2004AI Aircraft of the same model type...e.i: 737-400, 747-400, 777-300, MD-83Steps1. Locate your installed copy of FS2004. Then locate the aircraft folder. Then locate the folder "b737_400" and open the "aircraft.cfg" file using NOTEPAD2. At the top of the "aircraft.cfg" file, you should see something along the lines of this:(fltsim.0)title=Boeing 737-400sim=Boeing737-400model=panel=sound=texture=...etc The only thing you need to concern yourself with is the "title=Boeing 737-400"3. Copy the "title=" info "Boeing 737-400"4. Locate your AI 737-400 which would like to use in place of the default Boeing 737-400.5. Then paste it in place of what is already there...example:My AI 737-400 aircraft that I want to use in place of one of the default B737's.(fltsim.5)title=Boeing 737-400 Alaska Blue AI Aardvarksim=aia_737_400model=refpanel=sound=texture=alaska_blue_ratc_id=all you need to do is change the "title=" to its new name of "title=Boeing 737-400". So it would now look like this:(fltsim.5)title=Boeing 737-400sim=aia_737_400model=ref...etc6. Finally, go back to the default B737-400 aircraft.cfg file, the one you used in step 2 and change its "title=" name.Original...(fltsim.0)title=Boeing 737-400sim=Boeing737-400Now change it something else...(fltsim.0)title=Boeing 737-400 (offline)sim=Boeing737-400Doesn't matter what you call it, just as long it is not the same thing...MSFS wont like using two "title=" names of the same name. That's about it. Now when you use the simulator the next time you should see your new AI aircraft in place of the old default 737-400. You can do this to all of the default aircraft. In the case of the default 737-400 you can replace four of the default aircraft with your AI replacement ones. Now you can go and do the same thing for the other aircraft 747-400, 777-300, MD-83.Hope that helps....for more tips like these, check out my site below...- J[div align=center][link:www.jetdoc.com/ABT/unicom.html]Listen Live - Win Prizes - UNICOM Info Click Here][/b

Guest JoakimE

Or... you could just compile your traffic.dll into FS2002 and copy it from ..FS2002SCENEDBATCScenery to ..Flight Simulator 9SceneryWorldsceneryAnd of course you'll need to move all you AI aircrafts to FS9 aircraft map too...

Guest Joshieca

>Or... you could just compile your traffic.dll into FS2002 and>copy it from ..FS2002SCENEDBATCScenery to ..Flight>Simulator 9SceneryWorldscenery>And of course you'll need to move all you AI aircrafts to FS9>aircraft map too...The trouble with that is that FS2002 doesn't have all of the airports which FS2004 has...so you will loose all of your default GA non-towered VFR flights.

Has anyone tried renaming (the traffic bgl has a new name now I think) 2004 traffic BGL in a temp folder and decompiling it with TTools??? might be a long way to do it but until Lee gets TTools redone for 2004 it might work. I won't be getting my copy until Friday so I can't try it.Brian

Guest Joshieca

>Has anyone tried renaming (the traffic bgl has a new name now>I think) 2004 traffic BGL in a temp folder and decompiling it>with TTools??? might be a long way to do it but until Lee gets>TTools redone for 2004 it might work. I won't be getting my>copy until Friday so I can't try it.>>BrianThe trouble is that Traffic Tools doesn't "see" FS2004 as a valid program, since it is looking for FS2002. So in order to decompile it you have to do like user above suggests and copy it over to your FS2002 directory and rename it there...The trouble is that the current traffic tools doesn't support some of the "advanced" traffic features such as touch and go landings and VFR flight changes...all of which is in the default FS2004 traffic.bgl file and you will loose if you choose to use your old FS2002 traffic.bgl file. The new version of TTOOL's will allow for these new additons.[div align=center][link:www.jetdoc.com/ABT/unicom.html]Listen Live - Win Prizes - UNICOM Info Click Here][/b

Guest imemyself

How long until TTools for '04 comes out? I know nobody can give a release date or anything, but are we talking a few days or 6 months?

Guest Joshieca

>How long until TTools for '04 comes out? I know nobody can>give a release date or anything, but are we talking a few days>or 6 months?The last word I hard from its creator, about one month ago, was that it was almost ready for release, but he wanted to wait until FS9 went final....so unless something has changed, we should be seeing it anytime now.

Guest CargoMun

OK here's what I did.Copied all AI aircraft to FS9 folder. Flying with them in FS9 changes some things in their aircatf.cfg folder i noticed so i just copy them.Hope the following isnt too confusing;NOTE: This is for people who already have fs2002 traffic as backup i.e. Aircraft.txt, Airports.txt and flightplans.txt - I put them in my traffictools folder and call them AI_Aircraft.txt and so on..)Also if you want to go back to fs2002 make sure you backup the files for good i.e. in a zipfile.1)I went to FS2004 and took the traffic file from fs2004 (traffic#####.bgl) and moved it into folder where fs2002 has its traffic file. Deleted the old traffic.bgl and removed the numbers from the fs2004 traffic.bgl so it matches the old. Make a note of what numbers are used as it will have to be used later.2) Went into TrafficTools and decompiled the FS2004 traffic file wich gave me the following in the folder:Backed up old flightplans:AI_Aircraft.txtAI_Flightplans.txt - these two are to be used in a moment thats why the renaming.Decompiled FS2004 traffic:Aircraft.txtAirports.txtFlightplans.txtUnless you want to keep the GA from FS2004 the Airports.txt is the only one you really want to keep. Personally I think one can be without GA if using AI at least until an easier way of doing this can be done with new traffic tools :)3)Assuming you only have the Airports.txt in the folder (contains FS2004 airport locations), delete the decompiled aircraft.txt and flightplans.txt file and just keep rename the backed up 'old' aircraft.txt and flightplans.txt (remove the AI_ prefix).This will leave you with following:Aircraft.txt <-- your old fs2002 AI aircraftAirports.txt <-- fs2004 airport locationsFlightplans.txt <-- your old fs2002 AI flightplans4)Now here comes an important part:Go into the flightplans.txt from fs2002 using wordpad or word. DONT use notepad since it will take forever to open and edit.Once open, using the "replace" function in wordpad replace all @ signs with nothing, meaning just deleting all instances of @ in the flightplan.txt file. Save it and close it afterwards.5)Compile the 3 files as normal you would, it will give you no problems not having the @ sign in the flightplans.6)Go into FS2002 folder and look for the compiled traffic.bgl file. Move or copy it to your FS2004 traffic folder and rename it to what the default there was named (traffic######.bgl).As you saw, we compiled the 3 traffic files keeping the new fs2004 airport locations so all ai traffic should behave normal.Then just open FS2004 ACOF and it should create a new database as normal. Now excuse me while I go tend to my writers cramp lol :D

From my experiments based on others' information in these forums...1. You can copy your FS2002 traffic.bgl over to fs2004 and fs2004 will use BOTH traffic bgl's at the same time.2. If you copy your FS2004 over to FS2002 and rename the file tp traffic.bgl, it WILL decompile and recompile using traffic tools. The only known sticky point is that you must get rid of all "@" from your flightplans when compiling (for FS2002 that meant to arrive on time, in FS2004 it means don't land)

Guest CargoMun

Moving the FS2002 traffic file into FS2004 - wont that create problems with the 2002 traffic using a different set of airport locations? Ive at least noticed that the new airports such as LGAV and RKSI are placed differently in the new flight sim and as such planes wont land there unless the fs2004 airport locations are in that airport.txt file.

>Moving the FS2002 traffic file into FS2004 - wont that create>problems with the 2002 traffic using a different set of>airport locations? >Ive at least noticed that the new airports such as LGAV and>RKSI are placed differently in the new flight sim and as such>planes wont land there unless the fs2004 airport locations are>in that airport.txt file.I don't know... my experiments to test this were at the default Sea-Tac (KSEA). Your turn to experiment! (the beauty is that you can just delete the file from FS2004 if there's any real problems)

Just remember, as you start loading up on AI traffic, you are going to start seeing aircraft going "poof" as they land because of the lack of gates. I'm going to nominate the guy who comes up with a new AFCAD for a Nobel prize. FS2K4 is going to be a real winner with it. John Fitzpatrick

Guest Joshieca

> Just remember, as you start loading up on AI traffic, you>are going to start seeing aircraft going "poof" as they land>because of the lack of gates. I'm going to nominate the guy>who comes up with a new AFCAD for a Nobel prize. FS2K4 is>going to be a real winner with it.>> John>FitzpatrickThat wont happen...in FS2004 they will land and taxi back for take off or just make a "go around" until a gate is open.But yes, I would hope that Lee is hard at work on a new AFCAD...should be outstanding once it comes out. :9