Sign in to follow this  
Guest moodyblue

' rwytxi.zip' by "jyarddog"

Guest moodyblue

Hi guys,re the topic title file - rwytxi.zip.I've d/l the zip and installed all the files as per instruction within the zip.If i go to the 'demo' area in the flt file, i can operate both the adf and nav2 sets of lights......so my radios are o.k.If i try and install and place the lights into another scenery using Flight 1 Instant Scenery, the light sets do not work. I've noticed some discrepencies within the GDU listings for the 'day' and corresponding light colour object titles in both the adf and nav2 scenery txt's, but do not know if this has any bearing on the problem.Users of F1 Instant Scenery will understand when i say that when placing the objects, they do not show up or indicate there presence, (by flashing), so i am unable to make any adjustment before placing. BUT, when i restart FS, then the lights are visible, but do not operate, and if i try to delete the objects from the scenery, then the relevant boxes containing the objects are visible, so the objects are 'getting into' the scenery.I'm obviously doing something wrong somewhere, but i've racked what little brain i have , and cannot find anything.Has anyone else installed this zip and got the lights working. They are a real good addon, and congrats go to jyarddog for producing the addon.regards to all..........moodyblue

If you will send me a Personal Message (PM) I can provide you with Bob's new e-mail address.He can likely be of help.

Guest moodyblue

Thanks David,Will do.Regards..........moodyblue

Guest moodyblue

Hi Dave and anyone else who looked at my original post.I've sorted this one out by re-installing ez scenery, and low and behold i can place the objects successfully, and they work............great.Anyone who hasn't tried these textures out at their local un-attended airfield, then give them a try. It really looks good as you approach the airfield in the dark, perhaps with only a beacon to 'aim at'. Then alter your nav2 radio and remotely switch on the Runway lights you have installed. When you have landed, or on approach if you wish, switch your adf to the required frequency, and switch on the taxi way lights.Really gives a great effect.Thanks to Bob and Dave for the origional idea and files, and thanks again Dave for all your help with this oneRegards..........Moodyblue