Sign in to follow this  
Guest metamarty

FS2004 and world -> change Airport

Guest metamarty

Hi,I just installed FS2004. Everything seems fine and works fast, except for 1 thing. I've never heard of this problem before, but World -> Change airport is VERY slow for me. If I select it, the dialog box appears quickly; then it doesn't matter if I press OK or Cancel, it takes met 25 seconds to get back to the sim. Anyone seen this?Thanks,Marty

I have not had that particular problem...and in fact, fs9 seems to load much more quickly than fs2002...tho I suspect the reason for that is that I have not yet added on any new aircraft or scenery. Overall, my first impressions are generally positive. I really like the look when approaching a rwy for a landing at just a few hundred feet AGL. It has been several years since I was in a small Cessna, but I really liked the handling of the aircraft and the way the pilot needs to execise rudder and aileron control rather than just sinking toward the runway. I have only had about an hour with the new sim. I have a lot of tweaking to do, and a lot to learn about this latest version...Sherm

Guest metamarty

It's a completely new install, without any external utilities or aircraft. I have P4 3 Ghz, with 1 GB Ram, so this shouldn't be a problem. The average loading time is lower than my fs2002, and the change airport feature uses 100% load for 25 seconds before returning. This also happens in the "create flight" menu when selecting the startup location.

Guest metamarty

In the meantime I tried everything and still no luck. I can't believe I am the only one who is seeing this. I have a perfectly compatible asus board, and super fast hardware, no virus scanners, no firewalls, no background processess and a clean XP install with a clean FS2004. I didn't even touch any settings and still the screen blocks for 25 seconds before continueing. Isn't anybody out there with this?

No, have not seen this problem... I do, however, have problems with the pulldown menu system in general in full screen mode (on a Ti4200 card).This is helped by switching to windowed mode before accessing the menus (alt-enter)... you might try doing your selection in windowed mode and see if this helps at all on your system, although we seem to be fighting a slightly different set of symptoms..

Bert