Sign in to follow this  

FS2004 on a P4 1.5, 256 Mb, 32 Mb GeForce 2 GTS? YESS!!

Yeehaa! Bought FS2004 in The Netherlands today (had to drive 100 miles for it, but it was worth it).I was a bit worried though, if the sim would run on my humble system, but my verdict is: GREAT.Oh well, I've only played with it for about an hour, but so far... so good! At 1024x768x32, locked at 20 fps, with most sliders above 'normal'. In a 'fair weather' situation, lots of clouds, nice level of autogen, a steady 20 fps. :-hahTried the 'thunderstorm' theme (yep, uh-oh), but even then a relatively smooth 10-15 fps... Yes, so far I'm impressed! Lightning and turbulance is greatly improved BTW.The sim looks astonishing... I once changed the time from morning to afternoon and I immediately saw the color of the sky and clouds change... impressive!One thing though... due to my limited amount of memory (I guess) I see stutters now and then... and yes, I have the dreaded WinMe.So....... even though I've got the worst mix of system requirements :-hah the sim runs VERY acceptable (IMHO ofcourse).FS2004 is (already) much better than FS2002, and CERTAINLY not a patch! Good job MS and Beta-testers!Yep, back to simming! [p]